How to disable the Progress Window for exportlibrary?
I am running the exportlibrary command daily in the background.
But I need to run it quietly so that it doesn't bother film watchers.
How can I suppress the upcoming progress window?
If there is no such option, might it be possible to add a flag to the command parameters for this purpose?
(2019-10-13, 14:57)_novalis Wrote: I am running the exportlibrary command daily in the background.
Eh... Why? Do you have that many daily changes in your media collection?

The Export function is as taking a snapshot of your database.
It's very much preferred to do that when no (other) users are making library changes during this process.

(2019-10-13, 14:57)_novalis Wrote: If there is no such option, might it be possible to add a flag to the command parameters for this purpose?
IMHO, a command parameter would not change the situation as described above.

Also: how long does your Video Library Export take?
I guess i have an average media collection, and it only takes 2-3 minutes.
Not that long to wait before having to watch a movie.
I don't get your point.
I am running it automated as I said, so I don't have to care. I export to separate files, overwrite false, and I like to have everything always up to date. Kodi is not running 24/h so I have to choose a time for execution where Kodi is probably on. But I dont want to be bothered by a popup. There are other tasks that have an explict option in the settings to turn that off, e. g. library update. And I would appreciate it to have that option for exportlibrary as well. I think there is no obvious reason not to do it that way.
And a parameter notify = false would change exactly to what I described above.
Exporting the music library from the builtin command and JSON API is done silently, so yes it is certainly possible to implement the same for video but requires  code changes. If someone is interested in doing that and has the skills then a PR is welcome.
That's great news. I would certainly appreciate it if someone would consent to help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable the Progress Window for exportlibrary?0