Choppy, out of sync video & mouse pointer disappears
I have been running Kodi ver 17 for many, many months now on a MacMini with a 49 inch TV as a monitor via HDMI cable. It took some time in the beginning to get the video smooth but I did it with Settings/Player/Video & Settings/System/Display. Unfortunately I did not record the settings anywhere. Somebody in my household hit the F8 key and muted the sound.
I did not see the mute icon at the top right of the screen until way later. In order to correct the lack of sound (before I saw it was muted) I updated to Kodi ver 18. The video was choppy and out of sync just as it was at the initial ver 17 install many months ago. I played with most of the settings, and reverted back to ver 17 since I know that worked well. It got a bit better but never like it was yesterday. It seems that the upgrade reverted all the settings in ver 17 and 18 to default settings that don’t work. In testing the result of my different settings, I have also lost my mouse cursor only during playback but not navigating around Kodi. Now with no mouse pointer, I have to “force quit” kodi with activity monitor and try, try again. Now I have two issues I can’t seem to resolve: Choppy, out of sync video & no mouse pointer.
I know it’ not a hardware issue as I have been using things unchanged for years. I could really use some help pleeeeeese !!!!
And ... on which type of Mac Mini? There have been several over time.
Our crystal ball is unable to pinpoint your hardware details due to bad weather.
(2019-10-13, 19:33)Klojum Wrote: And ... on which type of Mac Mini? There have been several over time.
Our crystal ball is unable to pinpoint your hardware details due to bad weather.

Mac Mini late 2009 2ghz core 2 duo 8gb 1067 DDR3 ram nvidia geforce 9400 256 mb graphics
I did not list the hardware cuz the version 17 of kodi i have been using has worked well for years so I ruled out the hardware, I just can't remember the video settings.
I was hope you were gonna mention the operating system as well, cuz we're not sitting next to you.

Nvidia GF9400 graphics are getting outdated pretty rapidly.
Windows should be still be okay with drivers, Linux could be a problem.
(2019-10-13, 20:22)Klojum Wrote: I was hope you were gonna mention the operating system as well, cuz we're not sitting next to you.

Nvidia GF9400 graphics are getting outdated pretty rapidly.
Windows should be still be okay with drivers, Linux could be a problem.
Shoot...I knew you were going to ask that right after I sent the last response. El Cap v10.11.6
Apple iOS itself... Hmpf. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple dropped some part of the video support or otherwise. I'm not an IOS guru myself, so I cannot say for sure.

There are also plenty of (Android) boxes around that are more capable graphics-wise than the Mac Mini.
(2019-10-13, 20:58)Klojum Wrote: Apple iOS itself... Hmpf. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple dropped some part of the video support or otherwise. I'm not an IOS guru myself, so I cannot say for sure.

There are also plenty of (Android) boxes around that are more capable graphics-wise than the Mac Mini.

I get it, but it has been stable for months/years now. I just messed up the settings and don't remember my way back and now it's a hardware issue? Hate to say but i'm not buying it. I will keep trying till I get it. Thanks for trying
Normally only the a-syncing of video and/or audio would cause juddering. Choppy and out-of-sync is something possible related to hardware video acceleration that is not working.

Try making a backup copy of the guisettings.xml file (in the userdata folder), and restart Kodi for a new fresh copy with default settings.
Then report back if there were any changes/improvements.
(2019-10-13, 23:17)Klojum Wrote: Normally only the a-syncing of video and/or audio would cause juddering. Choppy and out-of-sync is something possible related to hardware video acceleration that is not working.

Try making a backup copy of the guisettings.xml file (in the userdata folder), and restart Kodi for a new fresh copy with default settings.
Then report back if there were any changes/improvements.
So I just took my time reset to default values and changed each setting one by one tested it and changed it back, restart and did each setting again and again. Setting the Hardware VTB from On to Off yielded pretty good results.
Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy, out of sync video & mouse pointer disappears0