DVB TV with usb decoder on raspberry
Sorry in advance for my bad english.
I have this device that work on windows7 and i watch TV on pc, i want to use it in my raspberry libreelec kodi

I must download a particular tv client? I have found some tutorial that talking about a server,why? I can't watch digital tv in direct modality without a server on kodi? Please explain me the situation
TV playback always consists of a server (e.g. tvheadend) that communicates with the DVB device, and a client (e.g. tvheadend htsp client) which connects to media player (e.g. kodi).
The server and client communicate over sockets, and can run on the same machine (e.g Pi) or separate machines (over network).

The client/server model makes sense as you may have one server and multiple clients (e.g. Pi's in different rooms, or using a phone or tablet as a client).
It also means you can watch TV in rooms that don't have a TV aerial (just the server needs to be located there).

Libreelec supports installing both the server and client for tvheadend. There are many tutorials for setting this up.
ok thank yuou i have succesfully installed the server and the client and work, but the audio is not synchronized with video sometimes. Do you have some advice?

in any case would it be possible at the theoretical level to watch digital TV directly on kodi without going through the server? is it a software problem or what?
(2019-10-16, 06:35)BelgiumSound Wrote: ok thank yuou i have succesfully installed the server and the client and work, but the audio is not synchronized with video sometimes. Do you have some advice?

in any case would it be possible at the theoretical level to watch digital TV directly on kodi without going through the server? is it a software problem or what?
If you write your own software anything is possible.
But in Kodi you have separate client and servers for (I believe) all PVR add-ons.
You can run client and server on same Pi (assuming it's one of newer ones), so for the user, it should make no difference.

Unsynchronised audio probably means we are not keeping up with decode.
What version of Pi is it? (Pi1/2/3/4). What format is the video (e.g. MPEG-2/H264). If MPEG-2 do you have the codec licence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVB TV with usb decoder on raspberry0