Solved Video "artefacts" during playback
Hi,

I'm using KODI on a Nvidia Shield TV (Android version 8.0.1) and I have a strange issue with artefacts or glitches popping up through videos during playback.  It happens with all media types (extensions) and is random, sometimes it won't happen and sometimes it could happen 10 times during a 2hr movie.  The glitch flashes up on the bottom half of the screen for a few milliseconds and the file continues to play.

The same media file doesn't have any issues using other players on the same Nvidia Shield TV hardware player.

Even though the files keep playing and it really doesn't effect anything it is very annoying.  Has anyone seen this issue and know how to fix it?  Thanks for your help.
I have the same issue using Manjaro Linux and Kodi 18.4 mine looks like blocky distortion and like you can happen anytime and anywhere to any media type. I also use and Nvidia GTX 750 card so it might be Nvidia related. It would probably be best to send in our logs and the other things we can do to help with this issue.
(2019-10-18, 20:37)inkrypted Wrote: I have the same issue using Manjaro Linux and Kodi 18.4 mine looks like blocky distortion and like you can happen anytime and anywhere to any media type. I also use and Nvidia GTX 750 card so it might be Nvidia related. It would probably be best to send in our logs and the other things we can do to help with this issue.

Here is my logfile http://paste.kodi.tv/wusafayosi

G.S.M. if you want to post your logs here is the easy way to do it. Just make sure you follow the instructions to a T.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2019-10-18, 21:07)inkrypted Wrote:
(2019-10-18, 20:37)inkrypted Wrote: I have the same issue using Manjaro Linux and Kodi 18.4 mine looks like blocky distortion and like you can happen anytime and anywhere to any media type. I also use and Nvidia GTX 750 card so it might be Nvidia related. It would probably be best to send in our logs and the other things we can do to help with this issue.

Here is my logfile http://paste.kodi.tv/wusafayosi

G.S.M. if you want to post your logs here is the easy way to do it. Just make sure you follow the instructions to a T.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy 

I hope I followed all the instructions correctly if not please pardon me it's been awhile since I had any problems with Kodi.
(2019-10-19, 05:52)inkrypted Wrote: I hope I followed all the instructions correctly

I'm just wondering... Why is there a 4 your old repository in your setup, that has "add-ons in alpha and beta status are here to test exclusively and for testers to provide them with updates". That doesn't sound like a stable addition to a Kodi device.

I have upgraded my Nvidia Shield, but haven't used it yet properly with Kodi after that. Perhaps this weekend I can squeeze in some testing to confirm hiccups in video play.
(2019-10-19, 08:11)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-10-19, 05:52)inkrypted Wrote: I hope I followed all the instructions correctly

I'm just wondering... Why is there a 4 your old repository in your setup, that has "add-ons in alpha and beta status are here to test exclusively and for testers to provide them with updates". That doesn't sound like a stable addition to a Kodi device.

I have upgraded my Nvidia Shield, but haven't used it yet properly with Kodi after that. Perhaps this weekend I can squeeze in some testing to confirm hiccups in video play.  
Oh Popcornmix? I was trying to download a visualization but it didn't work. I would like to have spectrum back but I have not been able to download any visualisations at all. So I just use CU Lyrics. I appreciate you looking into it if you find the time I know how that is.
It seems I was wrong. The distortion happens at the same time on the server and the clients an Intel Mini P.C. and an Xbox One X. I did have a hard drive go out in the server which was my OS and not my My Media Drive but I did check it with gparted and it found some errors but claimed to fix them. After buying a new hard drive and reloading my OS is when the trouble began. I might look into what gparted did and see if recovery is possible but a quick way is to put some video on a USB Drive and test it.
Yes it plays fine on a WD Passport so we can assume that it is corrupted data.
Thread marked solved.
Hi, sorry I have not posted regarding this for ages (I was away).

I am still having the issue of random frames or images coming up on the bottom half of the screen during playback.  Also I have noticed that I am getting some ghosting or blurring of videos especially around fast moving action like a person running for example, the image of the person running will have a blurry frame around them.  It's worse and very noticeable when there is a lot of background behind the character, like trees, fences, houses etc.

I thought it was my new 4k tv but the same file doesn't do it when I play it through my 4k blu-ray player.

Here's the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/awanitulim.kodi

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video "artefacts" during playback0