v18 NextPVR client 3.3.1.5 won't install on Kodi 18
Sony Bravia Android TV KD-49X9000F with Kodi 18.4

Been running NextPVR XNEWA and knewc 2.7.4 for quite a while but looking to make Timeshifting better.

Was trying NextPVR 3.3.1.5 Addon as understand this may help. 

Won't install? It installs but says couldnlt install and the run button is greyed out. All configs OK.

Here is the Kodi Log https://paste.kodi.tv/ufavubajej [EDITED]

any pointers much appreciated!

k.
Your log shows that you didn't configure the IP of the NextPVR host in the PVR addons settings.

Martin
(2019-10-16, 17:40)emveepee Wrote: Your log shows that you didn't configure the IP of the NextPVR host in the PVR addons settings.

Martin
Hi Martin,

That is correct although I had previously configured the NextPVR server on the previous installs (3 or 4  times), and even in doing so the "Run" button did not come up so I must admit I didn't think adding the IP was necessary for the "Run" button to show.  I did an uninstall and quick install this time for the purposes of getting the logs. Obviously no connection would be made to the server until IP was configured, but I thought "Run" would be there anyway.

I will add the IP and get some more logs for you but if my observations of the past behaviour is anything to go by I am not hopeful the run button will appear.
Out of interest, what is the default behaviour after install and before adding the IP address please? Is it that the button is or is not available? 

Thanks

Kristian
(2019-10-17, 01:19)jksmurf Wrote: and even in doing so the "Run" button did not come up so I must admit I didn't think adding the IP was necessary for the "Run" button to show.
Why do you want a run button? The add-on works in the background and does not need user interaction for normal operation.

In my fully functioning system, the Run button is always greyed out.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-17, 02:14)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 01:19)jksmurf Wrote: and even in doing so the "Run" button did not come up so I must admit I didn't think adding the IP was necessary for the "Run" button to show.
Why do you want a run button? The add-on works in the background and does not need user interaction for normal operation.

In my fully functioning system, the Run button is always greyed out. 
Hi Karellen

Thanks for your quick response, goodness me ....  well I suppose I assumed (incorrectly as it turns out) that it hadn't installed correctly because a button in the list wasn't 'live'. I guess you could say I didn't realise that I didn't need it. Apologies for that.

Thank you for clarifying. So now I am a wee bit confused what to do with it / how to configure it; I really wanted it just for it's added timeshifting functions.
So here's what I have.
  • A NextPVR Server. The LiveTV Buffer on the Server is "Time based" (Misc tab in Settings) - I assume this is correct.
  • A Sony Android TV+Kodi 18.4+NextPVR knewc 2.7.4 Addon [and now NextPVR 3.3.1.5 Addon in the background].
  • NextPVR 3.3.1.5 has an Extended Timeshift Mode. I should set it to this? Just set it and forget it?
  • knewc is currently configured for the defaults. Do I need to change anything in its settings?
Does knewc then just use the NextPVR 3.3.1.5 Addon details?

Sorry, really trying to work out how all these bits fit together.

Cheers

k.
@jksmurf

Good that confusion is cleared up.

emveepee and sub3 are the guru's for NextPVR, but I will try to assist and they can correct/take over when they come online.

I don't know what knewc is and a google search only leads me to non-existent thread. So I have no idea what it does and if it interferes with this add-on.

If you have the NextPVR backend installed and functioning (ie you can surf your tv channels), then the NextPVR add-on is installed and configured to allow connecting to the PVR backend. Normally this is all that is required. Add the IP address of the computer hosting the NextPVR backend, and the Port you will find in the NextPVR software settings. Then, very important, restart Kodi. I have noticed that settings do not take affect until restart.

Extended Timeshift is what emveepee always recommends, so leave it as that.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-17, 02:53)Karellen Wrote: @jksmurf

Good that confusion is cleared up.

emveepee and sub3 are the guru's for NextPVR, but I will try to assist and they can correct/take over when they come online.

I don't know what knewc is and a google search only leads me to non-existent thread. So I have no idea what it does and if it interferes with this add-on.

If you have the NextPVR backend installed and functioning (ie you can surf your tv channels), then the NextPVR add-on is installed and configured to allow connecting to the PVR backend. Normally this is all that is required. Add the IP address of the computer hosting the NextPVR backend, and the Port you will find in the NextPVR software settings. Then, very important, restart Kodi. I have noticed that settings do not take affect until restart.

Extended Timeshift is what emveepee always recommends, so leave it as that.
Thank you once again.
  • I have the NextPVR backend installed, been running and updating since it was GBPVR in mid-2005, on a PC, PCH A110, RPi2 via KODI, now my Andoid TV.
  • knewc started life as XNEWA https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=50833 for which "The web client offers pretty much the complete NextPVR look and feel in XBMC using XBMC for playback"; This is why I started using XNEWA, over XBMC, now Kodi, as a web client over the TV.
  • knewc is an "XBMC python script to access NextPVR using NEWA web services" 
  • TBH I am not sure of the differences between the various NextPVR Addons, but I do like the continuity of the NextPVR look and feel in Kodi.
  • It seems knewc's handling of Timeshift by itself is not so good, so I am guessing this is where the NextPVR 3.3.1.5 comes in.
Hoepfully sub or emveepee can clarify further.

On Extended Timeshift setting and restarting, got it, will retry that.

Thanks !

k.
@jksmurf When I introduced 3.3.1.3 I did a small write up on what extended timeshift was and there have been several follow up questions on the forum.   Even in the thread you posted in yesterday there was a summary.  I really only suggest extended timeshift to users having hanging troubles seeking or pausing with the regular timeshift mode, since there is little chance it will get better. I am sure some users don't experience it or can live with the issue.

Neither timeshift mode will impact what you described as your problem on the NextPVR forum playing in-progress recordings. The PVR addon should be able to handle this

I'd rather keep discussion of knewc in the NextPVR forum to avoid confusion for Kodi users.

Martin
(2019-10-17, 04:53)emveepee Wrote: I'd rather keep discussion of knewc in the NextPVR forum to avoid confusion for Kodi users.

Martin

No worries Martin and thank you. I really only brought up knewc for the fellow who asked, as if NextPVR worked in the background, I'd imagine he'd be curious how I watched NextPVR on the client; and becasue I really didn't understand how they integrated.

cheers

k.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR client 3.3.1.5 won't install on Kodi 180