RPi 4 + kodi + audio issues
Hello all,

One week with Kodi and I'm loving it. I do have an issue with audio. I have some movies that worked with my old 10+ year old Popcorn hour, which I believe did passthrough audio to the receiver via fiber optic cable. I purchased a HDMI to fiber optic pass-through box and it works for all movies except a few (so far). After looking at the audio track of these movies and some have had 6 channel audio.

I checked all the Kodi and libreelec audio settings and they are set to pass-through, but all I get us the music/sound effects track coming out of my receiver no dialog. 

I currently have my audio out set to HDMI. I tried Pulseaudio on a recommendation from a friend, yet that didn't work either.

Am I missing something within Kodi and/or libreelec?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanx

--nixIT
I was able to solve this by going into audio and setting the number of channels to 2.0, not sure why since I have 5.1. Doing this allows this setting to be visible: Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding, I enabled that option and bam, works.

Can anyone explain (to a kodi newbie) why I had to set this like so?

thanx.

--nixIT
(2019-10-16, 21:20)nixit Wrote: I was able to solve this by going into audio and setting the number of channels to 2.0, not sure why since I have 5.1. Doing this allows this setting to be visible: Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding, I enabled that option and bam, works.

Can anyone explain (to a kodi newbie) why I had to set this like so?

spdif/optical only supports two channels.
AC3 and DTS are designed to pass 6-channel compressed audio through two channels.
See: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/A...f_channels

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi 4 + kodi + audio issues0