Adding remote source issue with library updates
I added a remote source on my main kodi unit and it looks like it pulled all my shows/movies. But now it's not pulling my updated shows. Not on the remote units that just get the info from the DB or from the main kodi unit that has all the remote sources added to it.  It looks like my shows are all current and sitting in the remote folder but are NOT making it to the MySQL db.  Here's my log file and additional info.  I don't see my credentials for loging in to my network resource even though they are in there when I click edit network resource in kodi.  I even tried manually editing the sources file for the TVShows line and adding the creds similar to
smb://username:[email protected]/...
but it didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://paste.kodi.tv/jobicoyoqo.kodi

Soucres.xml
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>TVShows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.64/F/Media/ShowsLibrary/Nick/TVShows/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>BluRays</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.64/F/Media/BluRays/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.64/F/Media/Movies/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
    <games>
    </games>
</sources>

mediasources.xml
<mediasources>
    <network>
        <location id="0">smb://nick:[email protected]/</location>
    </network>
</mediasources>
I also wanted to note that there is over a thousand movies on my shared drive so I removed most of the scanning logs from the kodi log file to save space.  There were a few lines per scan that looked similar to this so I ended up removing a few thousand lines.:
2019-10-16 10:02:49.109 T:22768   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.64/F/Media/BluRays/28 Days Later/' due to no change
2019-10-16 10:02:49.120 T:22768   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: loading setting definitions
2019-10-16 10:02:49.120 T:22768   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2019-10-16 10:02:49.120 T:22768   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: loading setting values
ConnectAndAuthenticate: Connected to "\\192.168.1.64\F" without username and without pass ? Might be an issue, although I don't use MySQL db networking involves username and password in most cases.
(2019-10-16, 18:09)PatK Wrote: ConnectAndAuthenticate: Connected to "\\192.168.1.64\F" without username and without pass ? Might be an issue, although I don't use MySQL db networking involves username and password in most cases.

I saw that line too.  I was under the impression that that line was kodi connecting to the shared drive to access the tvshows/movies for scanning and playing but didn't have anything to do with the db.  I was also thinking that, since I have the username and password entered into that network share's setting, why wouldn't it use them but instead log in without credentials? Either way, I can still access my movies by clicking on them in the movie library so it got to be able to access that shared drive somehow.
I made some headway if anyone is interested.  my remote source was smb:192.168.1.xx/F/Media/TVShows/Nick and it scanned in my shows the first time and then acted like it couldn't access the location every other time.  If I click add source I am still able to navigate straight to that folder within kodi so it doesn't make sense.  I removed the source and added a new one replacing the IP address with MEDIASERVER which is the PC name for that IP and it seems to be working fine right now.  However, I can't really leave it like that because I have kodi on firesticks on all my TVs and they have issues seeing network share names instead of the actual IP.  So I have removed the username and password from the original network source in kodi and set that share in windows to not require a password.  I also changed the setting in the Network and File sharing section of windows to allow people to access files within my private network without a user/pass.  I reran the update library in windows and it found and loaded the shows.  I'm not sure at this point if removing the credential to the source in kodi has fixed my issue or if it's going to do like it did before and load everything and then have problems in a couple of days.  I'll keep you updated but i'm still confused as to why kodi can't access the folder with my shows but if I manulayy navigate through the Edit Source option in kodi then I can get to the folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding remote source issue with library updates0