Bug - Series - First episode of a new series being watched
Brick 
Dear Kodi Team,

I found what seems to be a bug on my Windows installation. Maybe it's not tied to the Windows version. I had it on 18.3 version and it is still present in 18.4.

Here is a way to reproduce it. Start watching an episode of a new series, then stop watching withing a duration which allows Kodi to mark the episode as being watched. Go to the Series menu: the series which contains the watched episode is not displayed as being watched.

Hope I' clear Confused

It is not a big issue but could you please have a look?

Thank you!
(2019-10-17, 10:48)JeanPhi Wrote: then stop watching withing a duration
What is "a duration"? The whole video, or sometime during the video?
When you stop it sometime during the video, it will be saved as a bookmark.
The watched tag is only set when you watched at least 95% of the video.
It shouldn't matter if it is the first, last or any other episode or a tv series.
(2019-10-17, 14:23)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 10:48)JeanPhi Wrote: then stop watching withing a duration
What is "a duration"? The whole video, or sometime during the video?
When you stop it sometime during the video, it will be saved as a bookmark.
The watched tag is only set when you watched at least 95% of the video.
It shouldn't matter if it is the first, last or any other episode or a tv series.      
...sometime during the video (but not too close from the start or end). And yes, it should not matter, but it does. It's the case until the first episode is read (>95%). Then the series is displayed as currently watched.

In other words it seems that the bookmark status is not used to show the series as being watched.
(2019-10-17, 10:48)JeanPhi Wrote: the series which contains the watched episode is not displayed as being watched.
Unless I am misunderstanding what you wrote, I do not see a problem and it is expected behaviour.

You have 10 episodes unwatched. You watch 1 episode then you expect to mark the TV Show as Watched? What about the other 9 episodes that are unwatched? You cannot mark a show watched if there are still unwatched episodes, it does not make sense.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Maybe they're try to display the shows last watched and not watched.
(2019-10-17, 22:57)snoopyjoe Wrote: Maybe they're try to display the shows last watched and not watched.

Yes, my translation is not accurate. I'm not talking about a series with has been watched but a series which has begun to be watched.

When at least an episode of a series has been watched, but not all episodes, then the series is displayed as "being watched" or "currently watched" - sorry I don't know the exact words displayed in the english interface. This should also be the case when only one episode has started to be watched (but is not completed).

Hope I made my explanation clearer Angel
I believe that's all dependent on which skin you use to be able to sort shows by last played. Another way to achieve this is to create a tv show smart playlist. I will automatically take and sort your shows based on the criteria you put in the playlist.
Yes, it can be a skin bug. I'm using the default skin without touchscreen, so I should be Estuary.

To try to make myself clearer, Estuary displays a Series as "being watched" or "currently watched" when at least one episode is read - but not all episodes of the series. But, if I start watching an episode (the first of a new series) and not read it 100% (or >95%), then the series corresponding to that episode is not displayed as "being watched" (or "currently watched").

That's not a big issue, but it would be great to have it fixed!

Thank you Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug - Series - First episode of a new series being watched0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.