• 18(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
Is there an easy way migrating old Shield kodi to the new version?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2019-12-06, 19:21)Hitcher Wrote: Isn't it worth trying though seeing as that's what the message suggests?

Found the problem with prime, it is when I use matching frame rate app or built-in frame matching, Amazon think I'm trying to copy content or something
(2019-12-06, 13:01)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:46)noggin Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 10:37)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Prime video also won't work, start a video and stops and tells me to check HDMI cable.

I had that error - it was the sign of an HDMI cable that was just failing. It had been fine for 1080p content - but when I used the same cable at 2160p (aka 4K aka UHD) it started giving me HDCP errors (which are what the 'Check HDMI cable' warning messages trigger) NB this can also be caused the HDMI cable between your TV and AVR - not just the cable between your Shield TV and your AVR if you have an AVR in circuit. (AVR = AV Receiver)

If you are re-using HDMI cables that worked fine for HD content for UHD - you may find that's the issue. I switched out all my old cables for the best value "HDMI Premium Certified cables" with the hologram https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

They weren't expensive - I don't believe in paying for 'Hi Fi' digital cables - but good mechanical and electrical quality are required to ensure a good quality connection at the new, higher bandwidths that HDMI uses for 4K (with higher data rates you need cables with less filtering at high frequencies)  

Pretty sure it's not cable as everything else is working ie all apps on shield and Apple TV as using same cable it's only prime, also I'm only on 1080p  

If you are 1080p then it's far less likely to be the cable.
(2019-12-07, 11:38)noggin Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 13:01)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 12:46)noggin Wrote: I had that error - it was the sign of an HDMI cable that was just failing. It had been fine for 1080p content - but when I used the same cable at 2160p (aka 4K aka UHD) it started giving me HDCP errors (which are what the 'Check HDMI cable' warning messages trigger) NB this can also be caused the HDMI cable between your TV and AVR - not just the cable between your Shield TV and your AVR if you have an AVR in circuit. (AVR = AV Receiver)

If you are re-using HDMI cables that worked fine for HD content for UHD - you may find that's the issue. I switched out all my old cables for the best value "HDMI Premium Certified cables" with the hologram https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

They weren't expensive - I don't believe in paying for 'Hi Fi' digital cables - but good mechanical and electrical quality are required to ensure a good quality connection at the new, higher bandwidths that HDMI uses for 4K (with higher data rates you need cables with less filtering at high frequencies)  

Pretty sure it's not cable as everything else is working ie all apps on shield and Apple TV as using same cable it's only prime, also I'm only on 1080p  

Have tried other cables and no charge
(2019-12-07, 13:27)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 11:38)noggin Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 13:01)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Pretty sure it's not cable as everything else is working ie all apps on shield and Apple TV as using same cable it's only prime, also I'm only on 1080p  

Have tried other cables and no charge 

Your previous post suggests it's linked to the new, experimental, semi-automatic frame rate sync functionality (where I believe you can tell the Shield TV to sample the playing video, work out its frame rate, and then alter the output refresh rate for optimum quality)  My guess is that the way nVidia are sampling the playing video causes the Amazon Prime App to think the video is being tampered with and triggers a copyright protection error.
Dear Friends

I was an owner of NVIDIA Shield Pro from 2017, it was great, but I no longer have it. Now I own Epson EH-TW7100 with 4K HDR, HLG, BT.2020 and I would like to play my digital backup of physical collection of UHD movies from my HDD via USB 3.0. I have got some questions:

1. Have you tried to play .mkv files 4K HDR BT.2020 4:2:0 10bit 23.976 or 60 (Remux) from USB HDD via Kodi without any problems, stutters etc. and with Object-Based audio like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X passthrough?
2. Is there Dolby Atmos in Netflix in NVIDIA Shield Pro 2019?
3. If there is no HDR in YouTube, it's possible to add such feature without changing again the hardware of NVIDIA Shield?
4. Are there any problems in this specific model from 2019 with Kodi? I heard there are problems with Kodi in this model, crashes, stops during playing or that it's not even starting after the lastest Shield Experience updates and hotfixes. May you deny or confirm that?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely
UTAVATU
1. Not from USB but they play over my network from my NAS.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. I have the latest hotfixes and everything works fine.
(2019-12-08, 12:33)Hitcher Wrote: 4. I have the latest hotfixes and everything works fine.

Is this hotfixes official?
If not, is there any chance of being released in a future uptate?
Think I've made a big mistake, didn't realize there are no usb ports, hopefully Amazon will refund me so I can get pro model
(2019-12-08, 13:30)m.r.f. Wrote: Is this hotfixes official?
Yes, they're from nvidia.
(2019-12-08, 13:31)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Think I've made a big mistake, didn't realize there are no usb ports, hopefully Amazon will refund me so I can get pro model
There are 2 USB 3.0 ports.

Dear m.r.f.
(2019-12-08, 13:30)m.r.f. Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 12:33)Hitcher Wrote: 4. I have the latest hotfixes and everything works fine.

Is this hotfixes official?
If not, is there any chance of being released in a future uptate?  

2019 SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.1.0+ HotFix Image: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...fix-image/

Read everything carefully.

Sincerely
UTAVATU
(2019-12-08, 13:41)Hitcher Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 13:31)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Think I've made a big mistake, didn't realize there are no usb ports, hopefully Amazon will refund me so I can get pro model

Unfortunately I bought the non pro
Dear Hitcher

(2019-12-08, 13:40)Hitcher Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 13:30)m.r.f. Wrote: Is this hotfixes official?
Yes, they're from nvidia. 

Thank you for your last reply to my questions.

What is the latest Shield Expierience with latest HotFix? Is it: 8.1.1 (32.7.301.52)?

Sincerely
UTAVATU
(2019-12-08, 13:41)Hitcher Wrote:

Unfortunately I bought the non pro model
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1