•   
  • 33(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2020-06-26, 11:28)Hitcher Wrote: Firstly, have you calibrated your TV for SDR and HDR?

Hey there,

TV has been calibrated according to Rtings settings. Besides, it's clear as day that the Shield is at fault. For example, if I set the "Custom display mode" to 4K 60Hz, YUV 422 12-bit Rec 709 DV Ready, then plex interface and SDR video looks good, but clearly HDR video does not has I don't get full colors.

If I set the "Custom display mode" to be 4K 59Hz YUV 420 12 bit REC 2020 HDR & DV, HDR looks great but now the plex interface and SDR looks washed out. If I enable "Match content color space" *now*, the colors are over-saturated, especially skin tones.

So essentially I'm forced to manually switch between the 2 modes if I am watching HDR content or not, which is something I really don't want to do Sad
So I thought I had the latest update for my SHIELD. Turns out latest is 8.1.1 which specifically fixes this issue. Now the "Match content color space" works! Seems this update is fairly recent (last few months), so for anyone else, give it a try Smile
(2020-05-24, 10:54)noggin Wrote:
(2020-05-24, 09:38)Theetjuh Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 15:04)Ogreen Wrote: OS is 64 bits on Shield TV Wink
But since this is a topic about the Pro version, he is correct  
And since he didn't specify the model I think it's useful to clarify for those who might read that post and think all Shield TV's are 64-bit generically.

Yep, 64 bit for the PRO, and 32 bits for the "tube" version Wink
In trying to play a couple of her movies through Kodi however they'll play for about 10 seconds then freeze. And that'll virtually render Kodi useless until I exit and restart.

The same movies play fine in Plex.

Any settings I need to change to get this working? 1080p movies are fine.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I own a 2015 shield tv and mainly use it for Kodi. Is it worth buying the newest model?
(2020-07-02, 03:54)Tatts4Life Wrote: Is it worth buying the newest model?
Not if you're happy with what it's doing.
Update on my issue with it not running 4k HDR. Turns out in the audio settings i'd turned passthrough on and enabled all the sound options. One of them was TrueHD which was what the film was running, seems my AV doesn't support it so it locked everything up.

Disabled that option and everything was fine
  •   
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.