• 44(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
Want to buy this NVIDIA Shield TV Pro. One question, though. For my old PS3 (back when) I converted a lot of DTS-MA/TrueHD audio tracks to LCPM. It should be able to pass thru LCPM, right? (thru the HDMI, of course).
(2021-05-29, 00:20)meimeiriver Wrote: Want to buy this NVIDIA Shield TV Pro. One question, though. For my old PS3 (back when) I converted a lot of DTS-MA/TrueHD audio tracks to LCPM. It should be able to pass thru LCPM, right? (thru the HDMI, of course).

That should all be fine - 5.1 and 7.1 PCM, FLAC, AAC etc. all output as PCM 5.1/7.1 fine I believe over HDMI.
I have a 2019 Shield, a Samsung Q9FN TV, and a Sonos Arc soundbar. I'm running Kodi 19.1 from the Google store. I have paired a set of bluetooth headphones with the shield. On almost all apps, when I use the Shields Audio Output to select the headphones, the soundbar is muted. With Kodi, sound continues from the soundbar, as well as the headphones.

Is this expected behavior? is there a setting to mute the soundbar when headphones are in use?
Good morning.
I apologize for the question and the first time I write in this thread.
I would be willing to upgrade my box purchased in 2016, HiMedia Q10 Pro with cipset HISILICON HI3798CV200, GPU MALI-T720 with Android 7.
I don't know the Nvidia Shield Pro and I'm interested in this model, I ask if you can manage via Samba network of internal folders like Himedia.
I use mainly as a network player to play HD and UHD files stored in network HDDs, I don't know if you use your native player via Wrapper.
Also I assume that the Nvidia shield (cpu and gpu) hardware are higher than HiMedia or am I wrong?
Thank you
I moved from a MiBox 4k and need to upgrade my wifi as have to use a cable to watch films from my Unraid server. I do have 20+ IOT in the house so wondering what would be a good option ( hopefully not too expensive)
Hi, i have an Fire Stick 4k and Intel Nuc for kodi

I would like to have a unique box and i have two questions

1) proper autoframerate switch for prime video, Netflix Disney etc works only in kodi ? Does this apps are in HD inside kodi ?

2) Is there a way to autoload kodi when shields start ? It's for WAF

3) could someone suggest a compatibile remote with numbers keys ?

Thank you
(2021-06-08, 20:47)Dom61 Wrote: Good morning.
I would be willing to upgrade my box purchased in 2016, HiMedia Q10 Pro with cipset HISILICON HI3798CV200, GPU MALI-T720 with Android 7.
I don't know the Nvidia Shield Pro and I'm interested in this model, I ask if you can manage via Samba network of internal folders like Himedia.
I use mainly as a network player to play HD and UHD files stored in network HDDs, I don't know if you use your native player via Wrapper.
Also I assume that the Nvidia shield (cpu and gpu) hardware are higher than HiMedia or am I wrong?
Thank you
i switched from a Q10 Pro to a Shield Pro 2019 model.
The hardware is indeed better and since Kodi 19.1, no external player is necessary for HDR/Dolby Vision.
It plays everything i throw at it.
If i  connect my NAS as internal storage, the Shield plays files better than SMB or NFS 
(tested buffering with high bitrate pufferfish video).

Also:
there was an update to Android TV, which makes the default launcher now obnoxious, since 30% of the home screen of the shield are ads now.
But you can replace the launcher,. i used FLauncher (free on Play Store) with this tutorial:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...efault_on/

In short:
Yes, the Shield will play your HD and UHD files stored in network HDDs just fine.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2021-07-08, 20:07)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 20:47)Dom61 Wrote: Good morning.
Thank you
i switched from a Q10 Pro to a Shield Pro 2019 model.
The hardware is indeed better and since Kodi 19.1, no external player is necessary for HDR/Dolby Vision.
It plays everything i throw at it.
If i  connect my NAS as internal storage, the Shield plays files better than SMB or NFS 
(tested buffering with high bitrate pufferfish video).

Also:
there was an update to Android TV, which makes the default launcher now obnoxious, since 30% of the home screen of the shield are ads now.
But you can replace the launcher,. i used FLauncher (free on Play Store) with this tutorial:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...efault_on/

In short:
Yes, the Shield will play your HD and UHD files stored in network HDDs just fine.
I thank you very much for confirmation.
(2021-07-04, 08:26)Roby77 Wrote: Hi, i have an Fire Stick 4k and Intel Nuc for kodi

I would like to have a unique box and i have two questions

1) proper autoframerate switch for prime video, Netflix Disney etc works only in kodi ? Does this apps are in HD inside kodi ?

2) Is there a way to autoload kodi when shields start ? It's for WAF

3) could someone suggest a compatibile remote with numbers keys ?

Thank you

Up
Good evening.
I ask 2 questions:

1- It is possible to transfer my Data Base of Kodi 19.1 installed on another Obsolete Android box (Himedia Q10 Pro).
By transferring the "addons" and "userdata" folders in the SHIELD root?

2- The Color Space setting as you can make it, because in my obsolete box I can't set 444 60Hz @ 10 bits due to a bug that has never been solved.

A thousand thanks
(2021-08-04, 20:27)Dom61 Wrote: 2- The Color Space setting as you can make it, because in my obsolete box I can't set 444 60Hz @ 10 bits due to a bug that has never been solved.

I take it this is for 1080p output and below?

444 10-bit 2160p60 isn't a supported mode in HDMI 2.0/2.0a?

You can have 4:2:0 10-bit/12-bit or 4:2:2 12-bit at 2160p50 and above (there's no 4:2:2 10-bit in the standard) - but 444/RGB are limited to 8-bit according to the HDMI 2.0/2.0a spec.

444/RGB >8 bit modes are only supported at 2160p30 and below.
(2021-08-05, 10:54)noggin Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 20:27)Dom61 Wrote: 2- The Color Space setting as you can make it, because in my obsolete box I can't set 444 60Hz @ 10 bits due to a bug that has never been solved.

I take it this is for 1080p output and below?

444 10-bit 2160p60 isn't a supported mode in HDMI 2.0/2.0a?

You can have 4:2:0 10-bit/12-bit or 4:2:2 12-bit at 2160p50 and above (there's no 4:2:2 10-bit in the standard) - but 444/RGB are limited to 8-bit according to the HDMI 2.0/2.0a spec.

444/RGB >8 bit modes are only supported at 2160p30 and below.

These are the artifacts offered by my old box that are not tolerable.

444 10 bit @ 30Hz   Sad

They are very attenuated with this setting

444 8 bit @ 60Hz   Smile
Does the Nvidia Sheild Pro support HDR10+ or Kodi doesn't support HDR10+ yet?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2021-08-05, 13:38)movie78 Wrote: Does the Nvidia Sheild Pro support HDR10+ or Kodi doesn't support HDR10+ yet?

Nope.
Good morning.
I bought the Nvidia Shield and today they deliver it.
I ask how to set up Kodi as the main app, which starts automatically, when I turn on Shield.
Thank you
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1