• 47(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2021-10-28, 15:21)Hitcher Wrote: You couldn't have initially installed an official build of Kodi because we don't support DV in MKV's yet.

instead you probably installed this build - Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...r-Android/
^i might have gotten it from there. cause that is a custom-roll for master right? i remember the splash screen is master, not matrix.
Guys I'm new with this Nvidia Shield Pro Using KODI. 

I just purchased my TV LG Oled 55CX and this device.. So I have my first question lol : 

What's the best Audio - Video Setup on KODI+Nvidia Shield in order to have the best perfomance in 4K/HDR/DV. I don't have an home teather at the moment so I'm listening on the TV atm. 

(Settings for Display and Settings for Audio)

Thank you!
So do I need an USB IR dongle or similar to control a 2019 Shield TV Pro with a Harmony Elite remote ? I was under the impression that the Shield TV reads IR commands out of the box.
(2021-11-01, 22:33)muntos Wrote: I was under the impression that the Shield TV reads IR commands out of the box.

What gave you that impression? The specs say it's a Bluetooth remote with "IR blaster for control of volume and power on TVs, soundbars, or receivers".
(2021-11-01, 22:44)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-11-01, 22:33)muntos Wrote: I was under the impression that the Shield TV reads IR commands out of the box.

What gave you that impression? The specs say it's a Bluetooth remote with "IR blaster for control of volume and power on TVs, soundbars, or receivers".
Probabily because I've read that the remote knows IR also, and automatically I wrongly assumed that it's in relation with the Shield device not with other devices. It's clear now, thank you !
(2021-11-01, 22:44)Hitcher Wrote:

Hitcher is correct!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
(2021-11-01, 22:33)muntos Wrote: So do I need an USB IR dongle or similar to control a 2019 Shield TV Pro with a Harmony Elite remote ? I was under the impression that the Shield TV reads IR commands out of the box.

I use the Elite on my 2019 model with no issues and no extra devices needed
Pulled the trigger and ordered Shield TV Pro (hopefully the newest model  Smile ) and a Flirc USB (2nd generation) both from Amazon DE. They should arrive by Friday, I hope it will be a good replacement for my Minix U9-H and it will run everything as expected  Music
Done, Shield arrived today, it's smaller than expected Smile
Btw, you don't need a Flirc to use Harmony remote with Shield.
(2021-11-05, 01:53)muntos Wrote: Btw, you don't need a Flirc to use Harmony remote with Shield.
It has built-in IR receiver? Is that what you mean?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2021-11-09, 20:36)ashlar Wrote:
(2021-11-05, 01:53)muntos Wrote: Btw, you don't need a Flirc to use Harmony remote with Shield.
It has built-in IR receiver? Is that what you mean?

No, it comunicates with Shield via something else, to be honest not sure if it's bluetooth or WiFi
The harmony elite remote communicates with the shield pro via bluetooth as you add the remote as another controller in the shield settings afaiaa the pro does not have an IR port only the supplied remote control does for controlling your tv/other IR devices
(2021-10-30, 19:19)scarface.717 Wrote: Guys I'm new with this Nvidia Shield Pro Using KODI. 

I just purchased my TV LG Oled 55CX and this device.. So I have my first question lol : 

What's the best Audio - Video Setup on KODI+Nvidia Shield in order to have the best perfomance in 4K/HDR/DV. I don't have an home teather at the moment so I'm listening on the TV atm. 

(Settings for Display and Settings for Audio)

Thank you!
Any?
(2021-11-09, 21:50)BluHD Wrote: The harmony elite remote communicates with the shield pro via bluetooth as you add the remote as another controller in the shield settings afaiaa the pro does not have an IR port only the supplied remote control does for controlling your tv/other IR devices
Got it. Forgot about bluetooth in Harmony Elite. I am still treasuring an old Harmony model that still had the Picture and Sound buttons to access a whole different set of commands. So it's IR only for me (and I have an extra model in storage, never opened...).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2021-11-11, 00:10)ashlar Wrote:
(2021-11-09, 21:50)BluHD Wrote: The harmony elite remote communicates with the shield pro via bluetooth as you add the remote as another controller in the shield settings afaiaa the pro does not have an IR port only the supplied remote control does for controlling your tv/other IR devices
Got it. Forgot about bluetooth in Harmony Elite. I am still treasuring an old Harmony model that still had the Picture and Sound buttons to access a whole different set of commands. So it's IR only for me (and I have an extra model in storage, never opened...).
I so wish I had purchased a second Harmony remote before Logitech bailed on us. Now the prices for used devices are outrageous.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1