Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2019-10-19, 21:47)ozkhan1 Wrote: The original shield was ahead of its time. I was one of those who preordered the first one in 2015, and I still have it running strong. I don’t like the upscaling job it does but I am really looking forward to the new one. For most US users, it’s the perfect box.

The thing is, it was always way overpriced (like Apple TV) when compared to other boxes that really did the same, like the Minix Neo X8-H Plus. Only if you wanted the gaming possibilities it had the edge over other mediaplayers. Other than that, I really didn't see any reason to buy the 2015 or 2017 one. Moreover the fact that Android TV was (and still is) missing a lot of apps + the recent continuing problems with SDR - HDR colorspace switching; and it just wasn't the box for me. But, having the big name of a wellknown brand it also was the most obvious choice for a lot of people. Chosing between a unknown China of HK brand, or Nvidia was an easy choice for most, I guess. I always found that it was one of the most interesting options, but in a world where Minix, WeTek, Xiaomi, Vero, and others, made great boxes too, the competition was strong and sometimes just better than the Shield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by Sjors125 - 2019-10-19, 23:31
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1