Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2019-10-20, 03:13)Sjors125 Wrote: As for now, I guess my money goes to eighter one of these:

Odroid N2,
Shield 2019,
the Minix U22-XJ

...as those 3 seem to be the best buys at the moment for Kodi + 4k HDR.
As I already have a great Netflix app on my 4k tv, and my bedroom tv is only SDR 1080p, I do not really need 4k Netflix on my device, so that is not a dealbreaker at the moment.

4K HDR Kodi + HD audio inc. 192kHz FLAC, no contest ODROID N2 - CoreELEC edition will be the go to device.
Add a MINIX A2 lite remote. Job done. All sorts of OS releases available for it if you are into DIY.

4K HDR Kodi + HD audio + 4K HDR DRM copy protected Android streaming Apps and Android TV Pie = Nvidia Shield.
Android Firmware however can often be a problem, especially Google OS upgrades and seemingly ongoing colourspace issues.
Good thing Nvidia have the proven, best ongoing Android Firmware support

$190 - MINIX U22-XJ = an unknown. It’s really an Android tablet/touchscreen Android Pie device and targeting a completely different market vs the Shield with Android TV. Kodi HD audio support is an unknown or even if DRM is included.
Looks overpriced vs the very similar, high quality, cheaper S922X - $120 UGOOS AM6 that also gets good Firmware support with great Android server networking extras.

MINIX have been extremely poor with Google Android OS upgrades. - and that is a dealbreaker for a lot of users buying expensive Android hardware !
Ive criticised them in the past and will do so again unless something changes, especially in that price segment.

MINIX U22-XJ & UGOOS AM6 will both be able to run CE kodi.

The AML S922X chipset devices have a more powerful CPU package vs the Tegra X1 in the current Shield.

Shield has a more powerful GPU package - but it has been lacking in modern HDR Tech that should be addressed in 2019 Shield update.
We really do not know about 4K HDR YouTube yet on the 2019 Shield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by wrxtasy - 2019-10-20, 04:04
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1