• 12(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2019-11-10, 17:16)docwra Wrote:
(2019-11-06, 18:47)IdaSig Wrote: Has anyone tried playing VC-1 files using the new shield? I've tried playing in Kodi, but the screen goes black for a few seconds then goes back to the menu. Strangely, the Plex app inside Kodi direct plays them fine. 

(2019-11-06, 17:41)docwra Wrote: Has anyone found a way to disable the netflix button on the remote yet?

Its annoying me accidentally clicking it already Sad

Everything else about this box is amazing.
I installed "Button Mapper" and changed it to a Kodi button. You can also disable buttons using the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...homebutton   
Just testing this but cant work it out. Can you tell me the precise instructions?  
1. In the main menu select "Add Buttons"
2. On the next screen select "Add Buttons"
3. A dialog should popup saying "Press button to add". Push the Netflix button.
4. Scroll down to "Button_12"
5. Toggle the "Customize" option to On.
6. Select "Single Tap"
7. From the drop down select "Applications"
8. Select Kodi or any other app.

You can also add additional commands for the button for "Double Tap" and "Long Press" Mine opens Kodi for a single tap, Hulu for double, and Prime for long press.
may a question to europe users, anyone tested if it does support HDR HLG in LiveTV Broadcasts ?
I recently got the 2019 Nvidia Shield TV.
Initially I was happy about it. It recognized all 8 of my hard drives within 2 mediasonic enclosures.
I also loved how fast everything was..

Except for transferring files over the network to those hard drives.
In comparison, when using my former Odroid C2, I was getting constant 30MB/S.
With the Shield, I'm getting constant up and down:

Maybe it's the fact that the Shield is running so many things at once, while the C2 is running only Libreelec, or it could be something in the hardware.
I'm kind of thinking of returning the Shield now, and getting an Amazon Fire Cube (for Netflix/Disney+) and using my C2 for LibreElec
Hello,
Do you know what 64 bits android version (PRO) could give more than 32 bits version (Tube) ?
(2019-11-13, 15:37)Ogreen Wrote: Hello,
Do you know what 64 bits android version (PRO) could give more than 32 bits version (Tube) ?

Plex server and apps 64 bits like dolphin emulator.
i already own LG OLED C8 that's already compatible with Doly Vision and Atmos  on Netflix
and Zidoo Z9S for HD Player (for mostly 4K UHD HDR Movies)
and the question is do i still need an AI upscaler on Shield TV (2019) 
is the picture quality is better than my TV and Zidoo Z9S

Many thanks
(2019-11-13, 17:58)m.r.f. Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 15:37)Ogreen Wrote: Hello,

Plex server and apps 64 bits like dolphin emulator. 

Thank you Wink
(2019-11-14, 08:08)sicboy101 Wrote: i already own LG OLED C8 that's already compatible with Doly Vision and Atmos  on Netflix
and Zidoo Z9S for HD Player (for mostly 4K UHD HDR Movies)
and the question is do i still need an AI upscaler on Shield TV (2019) 
is the picture quality is better than my TV and Zidoo Z9S

Many thanks
I would say no, if you have Z9S set to switch resolution your 1080p upscaling on the C8 should be very very good.
Hi !
Is this normal that the AI upscaling does not work when  "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" is set to On Start/Stop ?
I would not mind to set it to OFF but then some files do not play that smoothly.
Many thanks
I forgot to mention that I put all resolutions in the white list.
(2019-11-15, 23:12)rat67 Wrote: Hi !
Is this normal that the AI upscaling does not work when  "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" is set to On Start/Stop ?
I would not mind to set it to OFF but then some files do not play that smoothly.
Many thanks
Works for me.

Make sure you've set it up right -
(2019-11-08, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: So, why does kodi allow switching resolutions?

Some people think that their TV, their AVR - whatever, is the best upscaler on this planet. Therefore they want kodi to output in the native resolution of the Video, so that their TV / AVR can then upscale this resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
With nvidia's AI scaler (funny btw. what one calles AI today), you have the superior scaler _IN_ your shield, means: set the output to the native resolution for your TV, e.g. 3840x2160 and just enable refreshrate switching without adding other resolutions to the whitelist (besides 3840x2160), that way mediacodec-surface (internally, without kodi influence) will do the scaling of the video surface.

Got it?
Thanks for the fast reply. Always have thought I should put all resolutions in the white list.
(2019-10-18, 15:19)Ogreen Wrote: Do you think DV support will be only for streaming apps , or we can expect it for KODI too with movie files (mkv,ISO,BDMV UHD..)

Im also wondering about this.
I currently use internal apps on my Sony, but it is my understanding that if it were to be implemented on the shield, androidtv would follow(?). If not ill get the shield
(2019-11-08, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: So, why does kodi allow switching resolutions?

Some people think that their TV, their AVR - whatever, is the best upscaler on this planet. Therefore they want kodi to output in the native resolution of the Video, so that their TV / AVR can then upscale this resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
With nvidia's AI scaler (funny btw. what one calles AI today), you have the superior scaler _IN_ your shield, means: set the output to the native resolution for your TV, e.g. 3840x2160 and just enable refreshrate switching without adding other resolutions to the whitelist (besides 3840x2160), that way mediacodec-surface (internally, without kodi influence) will do the scaling of the video surface.

Got it?

Hello,
Something I would like to understand, if the TV is UHD, Shield TV setting to 3840*2160, why we have to select only 3840x2160 on the withlist ? if we don't select anything on the withlist, result will be the same no ?
Hi, I just upgraded from the Shield 2017 model with 2019 Tube version and in Kodi while trying to play any 4K it randomly stops and goes to Kodi homescreen , I know its not my wireless everything is at full speed and i have high end router Asus AX88U also does it on small sized 4k hdr 18gb
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1