Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2019-11-08, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: So, why does kodi allow switching resolutions?

Some people think that their TV, their AVR - whatever, is the best upscaler on this planet. Therefore they want kodi to output in the native resolution of the Video, so that their TV / AVR can then upscale this resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
With nvidia's AI scaler (funny btw. what one calles AI today), you have the superior scaler _IN_ your shield, means: set the output to the native resolution for your TV, e.g. 3840x2160 and just enable refreshrate switching without adding other resolutions to the whitelist (besides 3840x2160), that way mediacodec-surface (internally, without kodi influence) will do the scaling of the video surface.

Got it?
Sorry I don't get it, at least I cant get the AI scaling to work on my Kodi, always just says "No supported content".
Settings i've tried setting based on your comment (im kodi noob so probably wrong).

Resolution: 4k (4k tv)
Whitelist: 4k (all possible refresh rates, not sure this is needed)
Adjust Refresh Rate: "On start/stop" (Since I read ai scaling does not work when set above 30frames)

Can anyone tell me how to set this up so it works?
Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by Pollux86 - 2019-11-21, 20:47
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1