• 17(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
i just bought the new shield tv so i can compare to my Z9S (so i can get rid of Z9S... LoL) 
here is the picture of both full hd movie not 4K
 i see there is a bit blue on Kodi on Shield TV than Z9S 
i do more like the tone of Z9S / more clear
i'm no expert but which one is correct tone for the movie
then, is there an option in Kodi to change the color tone?
Thank you 

Z9S

Kodi Shield TV 2019 with AI Upscaler 
(2019-11-29, 05:23)sicboy101 Wrote: i just bought the new shield tv so i can compare to my Z9S (so i can get rid of Z9S... LoL) 
Thank you 

Z9S

I think you probably need the hotfix which fixes the colorspace switching.
(2019-11-29, 05:34)robofunk Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 05:23)sicboy101 Wrote: i just bought the new shield tv so i can compare to my Z9S (so i can get rid of Z9S... LoL) 
Thank you 

Z9S

thank you. i'll try ASAP!
Thank you 

Z9S

Is this hotfix official?
Thank you 

Z9S

install the hotfix, still not fix the blue-ish tone Sad
From the screenshots it looks bluer on the Z9S to me but it could loads of things - your TV calibration for one.
If you have a Sony TV then there has been another hot 𝙁𝙞𝙭 today.
(2019-11-29, 18:51)Hitcher Wrote: From the screenshots it looks bluer on the Z9S to me but it could loads of things - your TV calibration for one.

I have Z9S and Shield 2017 and PQ is about equal.
Just got one today and I must say its a great device. You only need it if you have a 4k HDR TV otherwise stick to the older model
Thank you 
Here are some HDMI frame grabs with the color match option turned on and off. You can see from the images that there is nothing wrong with the output per se. What is wrong with the Shield's output is only the AVI InfoFrame gamut parameter. Without the hotfix, the InfoFrame is not set correctly when the gamut is switched from Rec.2020 to Rec.709. Your display processes image based on the value that it gets from the AVI InfoFrame.

Original

Color Match On (default output set to 4K 59.94 10-bit 4:2:0 Rec.2020)

Color Match Off (default output set to 4K 59.94 12-bit 4:2:2 Rec.709)
Hi newbie here, just bought 2019 shield hopefully to replace Apple TV 4k, had a shield before ATV but picture was poor (using 1080p projector) hence I bought the ATV, but not really in the Apple eco. So far my finding are. Picture is now as good as ATV.
Fantastic that frame matching working on all streaming apps via the refresher app which is brilliant, even casting and you tube.
But BBC iPlayer did not work so I uninstalled it to reinstall only to find it's not in play store.
Prime video also won't work, start a video and stops and tells me to check HDMI cable.
Can anyone help as if these 2 major problems can be fixed I have found the perfect Kodi/streaming box.
As a work around I am casting both these apps and they work fine
(2019-12-06, 10:37)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Hi newbie here, just bought 2019 shield hopefully to replace Apple TV 4k, had a shield before ATV but picture was poor (using 1080p projector) hence I bought the ATV, but not really in the Apple eco. So far my finding are. Picture is now as good as ATV.
Fantastic that frame matching working on all streaming apps via the refresher app which is brilliant, even casting and you tube.
But BBC iPlayer did not work so I uninstalled it to reinstall only to find it's not in play store.
Prime video also won't work, start a video and stops and tells me to check HDMI cable.
Can anyone help as if these 2 major problems can be fixed I have found the perfect Kodi/streaming box.
As a work around I am casting both these apps and they work fine

Try disabling the google location services for the iPlayer thing. There is a known bug that deletes the app every so often.
(2019-12-06, 10:37)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Prime video also won't work, start a video and stops and tells me to check HDMI cable.

I had that error - it was the sign of an HDMI cable that was just failing. It had been fine for 1080p content - but when I used the same cable at 2160p (aka 4K aka UHD) it started giving me HDCP errors (which are what the 'Check HDMI cable' warning messages trigger) NB this can also be caused the HDMI cable between your TV and AVR - not just the cable between your Shield TV and your AVR if you have an AVR in circuit. (AVR = AV Receiver)

If you are re-using HDMI cables that worked fine for HD content for UHD - you may find that's the issue. I switched out all my old cables for the best value "HDMI Premium Certified cables" with the hologram https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

They weren't expensive - I don't believe in paying for 'Hi Fi' digital cables - but good mechanical and electrical quality are required to ensure a good quality connection at the new, higher bandwidths that HDMI uses for 4K (with higher data rates you need cables with less filtering at high frequencies)
(2019-12-06, 12:46)noggin Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 10:37)Bobbybuilder59 Wrote: Prime video also won't work, start a video and stops and tells me to check HDMI cable.

I had that error - it was the sign of an HDMI cable that was just failing. It had been fine for 1080p content - but when I used the same cable at 2160p (aka 4K aka UHD) it started giving me HDCP errors (which are what the 'Check HDMI cable' warning messages trigger) NB this can also be caused the HDMI cable between your TV and AVR - not just the cable between your Shield TV and your AVR if you have an AVR in circuit. (AVR = AV Receiver)

If you are re-using HDMI cables that worked fine for HD content for UHD - you may find that's the issue. I switched out all my old cables for the best value "HDMI Premium Certified cables" with the hologram https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

They weren't expensive - I don't believe in paying for 'Hi Fi' digital cables - but good mechanical and electrical quality are required to ensure a good quality connection at the new, higher bandwidths that HDMI uses for 4K (with higher data rates you need cables with less filtering at high frequencies)

Pretty sure it's not cable as everything else is working ie all apps on shield and Apple TV as using same cable it's only prime, also I'm only on 1080p
Isn't it worth trying though seeing as that's what the message suggests?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1