• 29(current)
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
Turned on my 2015 shield and Disney+ showed Atmos support finally. Played a movie and my reciever changed to Atmos. SO if anyone has Disney+ on their 2019 shield go check and see if you finally have support.
(2020-03-04, 18:43)Tatts4Life Wrote: Turned on my 2015 shield and Disney+ showed Atmos support finally. Played a movie and my reciever changed to Atmos. SO if anyone has Disney+ on their 2019 shield go check and see if you finally have support.

Just in time for the UK launch later this month.
(2020-01-05, 11:42)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 20:26)dr88dr88 Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 17:35)fritsch Wrote: Here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...64-v8a.apk try this with the Shield plugged to the TV as you had it before. Note: This build is not suggested for everyone having the Shield connected to the AVR directly, it's simply not needed and it has no additional value.

Edit: Wait 20 minutes, the mirror needs to sync

Hi Fritsch, 

This build fixed my issues everything is works okay now.
Will this fix be included in the next release of Kodi ?  

See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17133 - though, this for sure won't be anything for Leia 
Hi Fritsch,

The latest software update of the Nvidia Shield TV fixed the issues that I had with with DD+.
The only issues I now still have is that the audio is not synchrone with video on Dolby and DTS.
I have the same issues in some other Android apps but not in Netflix and Amzone Prime app.
First of all hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I have a question. I am an owner of Shield Pro 2019. I used Shield 2017 before but I upgraded it because of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

I try to find best audio settings. I connect my new Shield directly to AV receiver - Yamaha V483 via HDMI. This AV receiver doesn't have Dolby Atmos Decoder so I want to use build in decoder. In Kodi settings I turned off audio passtrough and in Shield settings I manually choosed all used audio codecs including Dolby Atmos and Dolby MAT (normally it should be set to AUTO but then Dolby Atmos and MAT are greyed out and not used). When I play movie with Dolby Atmos sound I hear all 5.1 channels are working (unfortunatelly I don't have Atmos speakers, but Atmos still should work. On receiver I see PCM but I think it shows it alwayswhen build in decoder is not working eg. when I play stereo movie form SAT TV it also shows PCM, when I play DD movie form SAT it shows DD.

Do You think it is set properly and Dolby Atmos is working with this settings? I think it is, but one thing bother me. When I use Netflix I can choose Dolby Atmos sound with this settings BUT I need to turn off Dolby MAT in Shield settings. Otherwise I had only standard 5.1 sound and it is a little strange for me but maybe it is because Netflix use Dolby Digital + Dolby Atmos?

Thanks in advance for Your help/opinion.
If you disable passthrough in kodi, it will only output PCM as it decodes the streams for you. Everything else that does the shield behind with this pcm stream (atmos information missing already), no idea.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-29, 14:50)JohnyW0 Wrote: First of all hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I have a question. I am an owner of Shield Pro 2019. I used Shield 2017 before but I upgraded it because of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

I try to find best audio settings. I connect my new Shield directly to AV receiver - Yamaha V483 via HDMI. This AV receiver doesn't have Dolby Atmos Decoder so I want to use build in decoder. In Kodi settings I turned off audio passtrough and in Shield settings I manually choosed all used audio codecs including Dolby Atmos and Dolby MAT (normally it should be set to AUTO but then Dolby Atmos and MAT are greyed out and not used). When I play movie with Dolby Atmos sound I hear all 5.1 channels are working (unfortunatelly I don't have Atmos speakers, but Atmos still should work. On receiver I see PCM but I think it shows it alwayswhen build in decoder is not working eg. when I play stereo movie form SAT TV it also shows PCM, when I play DD movie form SAT it shows DD.

Do You think it is set properly and Dolby Atmos is working with this settings? I think it is, but one thing bother me. When I use Netflix I can choose Dolby Atmos sound with this settings BUT I need to turn off Dolby MAT in Shield settings. Otherwise I had only standard 5.1 sound and it is a little strange for me but maybe it is because Netflix use Dolby Digital + Dolby Atmos?

Thanks in advance for Your help/opinion.

I think you are slightly confused.  If you don't have Dolby Atmos capable equipment - you will not need to decode the Dolby Atmos extensions.  

Dolby Atmos isn't a separate codec - it's an extension to existing codecs like DD+ and True HD.  You can have Dolby Digital + with Atmos Extensions or Dolby True HD with Atmos Extensions.  If you don't have a Dolby Atmos set-up then your system will just decode the Dolby Digital + or the Dolby True HD main audio stream, and will ignore the Atmos extensions that are used for positional and height stuff alongside the DD+ / True HD stream.

(MAT is a way of carrying Atmos over HDMI and is separate to the codecs used - it's more of an output standard)

With Kodi on the Shield and an AVR you have a choice of either outputting bitstreamed pass through audio (DD, DTS, DD+, Dolby True HD, DTS HD MA/HRA) or letting Kodi decode this to PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1 and outputting in PCM.  Personally I'd probably go with the former - in fact that is what I do.
Thanks. I thought I will be able to have slighly better/more realistic 3D sound if I will be able to use Atmos instead of TrueHD. But I think You are right and I should keep bitstream settings. At least I am sure that it is working properly.
(2020-03-30, 12:21)JohnyW0 Wrote: Thanks. I thought I will be able to have slighly better/more realistic 3D sound if I will be able to use Atmos instead of TrueHD. But I think You are right and I should keep bitstream settings. At least I am sure that it is working properly.

No that's not how it works.

If you don't have 2+ speakers on the ceiling firing down toward your listening position then there is no benefit from object based audio.

In your case I would definitely use the bitstream output setting.
(2020-03-30, 12:21)JohnyW0 Wrote: Thanks. I thought I will be able to have slighly better/more realistic 3D sound if I will be able to use Atmos instead of TrueHD. But I think You are right and I should keep bitstream settings. At least I am sure that it is working properly.

Nope - Atmos only works if you have Atmos processing and additional Atmos speakers.  The core DD+ or Dolby True HD are all you need for regular 5.1/7.1 or similar speaker set-ups without Atmos ceiling or upward firing speakers that bounce off the ceiling.  If you are using a non-Atmos AVR or an Atmos AVR without Atmos speakers, I think it will ignore the Atmos extensions and just decode the regular core DD+ or True HD audio that is sent alongside the Atmos extensions.
Hello , if someone have HTPC with MadVR and Shield 2019 Pro with IA , image quality is similar or MadVR is still superior ? Thank you for feedback.
Philips 65OLED804 (4K HDR10+/Dolby Vision) / Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro with Kodi 20 Nexus Marven for DV / Onkyo TX-NR474 + Jamo 809 Pack 5.0 + Sub Jamo 912
(2020-03-31, 12:39)kalima Wrote: Hello , if someone have HTPC with MadVR and Shield 2019 Pro with IA , image quality is similar or MadVR is still superior ? Thank you for feedback.

MadVR still by a long shot.

But if you view on a smaller screen or at a longer than ideal distance it makes it really hard to see the artifacts from the AI Upscaling and it'll look quite good.
Someone have tried beta function "Match frame rate" ?   Rolleyes

It's only manual ...every video Undecided , no auto.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/supp...rame-rate/

LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Have relied on this user-built app for some months now. Works well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I'm sure I read ages ago that the new Shield remote can now also be used with the 2017 model. Can anybody confirm?

Edit: The info I was looking for was included in the release notes for the latest shield experience update. Now have a new remote and working fine with my 2017 model. Shame I couldn't get the latest Shield, but the earliest delivery in the UK I could find was from the 28th May 2020! Wish I had bought one in January when I thought about it....Never mind, this will do in the meantime! 
Any expereience with this so far anyone?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1