Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2020-07-25, 09:10)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Just my thoughts on this...

On the Oppo you can chose player led or TV led, all I can say is player led is noticeably darker.

I would say that LG knows the capability of its C9 panel and it can map the DoVi tone to the best of its capabilities, whereas the player doesn’t know the screens capabilities and sends out standard mapping which is possibly resulting in clipping.

Which is technically accurate? Possibly neither but I know which one looks better.

I don't understand what you're suggesting?  Unless I'm very wrong (@wesk05) I thought Player-led vs TV-led was the route the DV metadata took from source to sink (and the processing based on this metadata was carried out in the display irrespective of this).  I thought the difference was whether the DV metadata (which I think is derived from the RPU?) was either carried over HDMI using now-standard protocols, where previously the DV metadata had to be tunnelled within the active HDMI video (and detected and 'un tunnelled' in the display)

Is this not the case - is the Player-led vs Display-led instead to do with how the BL+EL+RPU stuff is processed either in the player or the TV ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by noggin - 2020-07-25, 11:16
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1