Showing all movies as unwatched in android.
SO this is confusing so please bear with me.
I moved from a win 7 machine to a win 10 machine as the media library host. that was a Pain in the butt getting the shares to appear correctly using SMB again but its showing up and playing through the network again. I am also using a server with mysql to manage the library which has not changed.. yet.

the issue i ave no is if i go to the movies list in Kodi either on my phone or on my shield device it shows the right # of unwatched movies the first time but if i go to the main screen then back into the movies list it shows ALL of them as unwatched suddenly. This issue isn't happening on the windows boxes. only android.

Is it a timeout thing? maybe i go back in too fast? is it a network thing?
I didn't see this issue on the win 7 box so its just really confusing.
And I'm not sure Which device(s) to create a log for if this will help.

I appreciate any help guys! THANKS for taking the time to read this mess LOL!

I apologize for posting this into the wrong place It should have been in the android forum. I cant see where to remove the post. or move it.
Thread moved to Android
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sounds like your host PC has a different address than it once had. The android devices are looking for the your library at 192.168.1.x but now the PC is at 192.168.1.y. SMB and DHCP allows everything to be found and play but to Kodi this a new source. It doesn't affect the Windows host PC because the files are stored locally in the same location before the upgrade. My suggestion would be to use something like Trakt that will keep track of everything you've watched and haven't watched. That way even if the source changes addresses, Trakt will sync everything back to the correct watched and unwatched.
(2019-10-17, 22:52)snoopyjoe Wrote: Sounds like your host PC has a different address than it once had. The android devices are looking for the your library at 192.168.1.x but now the PC is at 192.168.1.y. SMB and DHCP allows everything to be found and play but to Kodi this a new source. It doesn't affect the Windows host PC because the files are stored locally in the same location before the upgrade. My suggestion would be to use something like Trakt that will keep track of everything you've watched and haven't watched. That way even if the source changes addresses, Trakt will sync everything back to the correct watched and unwatched.

Yes and i updated all records on the mysql server to reflect the new SMB path. nothing is using an IP for path reference for the media itself.
The only thing pointing to an IP is advancedsettings.xml which is still pointing to the same mysql server as that has not changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing all movies as unwatched in android.0