Copy settings over from skinshortcuts verion.
I just noticed that Amber now has skinshortcuts integrated. I have spent hours tweaking the skinshortcuts version and am wondering if there is any way to copy over the settings from the shortcuts version to the new amber version?
(2019-10-19, 21:32)gilberti69 Wrote: I just noticed that Amber now has skinshortcuts integrated. I have spent hours tweaking the skinshortcuts version and am wondering if there is any way to copy over the settings from the shortcuts version to the new amber version?
@gilberti69 , not that I am aware of.  The skin have different id's, and the settings have changed from what they were in the skinshortcuts version. 

Just so that you are aware, in the userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts folder, all of the files that have "skin.amber32" in the name hold your menu/submenu/shelves configuration.  You might try changing the "amber32" to "amber" in the name of those files (and deleting all that just have "skin.amber" in the name before you do), and also copying the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin.amber32\1080i\ folder to the skin.amber\1080i folder.  Do all that after quitting Kodi. I am not sure this will work, so I can make no guarantees. 

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-19, 22:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-10-19, 21:32)gilberti69 Wrote: I just noticed that Amber now has skinshortcuts integrated. I have spent hours tweaking the skinshortcuts version and am wondering if there is any way to copy over the settings from the shortcuts version to the new amber version?
@gilberti69 , not that I am aware of.  The skin have different id's, and the settings have changed from what they were in the skinshortcuts version. 

Just so that you are aware, in the userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts folder, all of the files that have "skin.amber32" in the name hold your menu/submenu/shelves configuration.  You might try changing the "amber32" to "amber" in the name of those files (and deleting all that just have "skin.amber" in the name before you do), and also copying the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin.amber32\1080i\ folder to the skin.amber\1080i folder.  Do all that after quitting Kodi. I am not sure this will work, so I can make no guarantees. 

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks for that, it worked! It does need a bit of fettling but its a much better option than starting from scratch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy settings over from skinshortcuts verion.0