Raspberry Pi 4b not booting on Pi3b micro card...need do-over?
Just assembled my new PI4b and powered up.  Just inserted the micro card from PI3.  No signal.  Is my new pi DOA or do I need to redo the microcard for it?
Have the new HDMI cable into the back of the home theatre amp as before.  All else shouild be the same.  I suppose it could be a bad HDMI cable?  Thanks for any tips.
Ok, here myself.... quick answer... yes, it needs the new arm image for Pi4..... but there is another big problem and now I am finding on the internet that the Pi4s are really buggy.  I have to ask my new question in another post, thought I hope my answer here helps someone else perhaps.
I had the same problem ... none of my RPi3 cards are booting. I had to use Noobs to get Libreelec running on my RPi4.
The Pi4 needs new and current firmware, which presumably your old Pi3b+ card didn't have.

I have seen some people messing around with dist-upgrade and such like to try and get it to work, but the simplest way is to start fresh with a new Buster install and copy over what you may need to bring with you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-10-20, 07:45)Cisco2kid Wrote:  now I am finding on the internet that the Pi4s are really buggy.

The software support is not quite there yet, but I don't find anything buggy about my Pi4. I am using the latest LibreElec beta, not messing with Noobs or Buster.
(2019-10-20, 08:12)wodkab Wrote: I had to use Noobs to get Libreelec running on my RPi4.

Then you are doing something wrong. LibreELEC can certainly do without Noobs.
I did flash RPi4 update on my RPi3 with .nocompat file added then moved SD card to my new RPi4.
Worked fine for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 4b not booting on Pi3b micro card...need do-over?0