Can't ssh into Libreelec /kodi on new Pi4.... but have done it before on pi.
(I am retired senior with some tech savvy but not enough I guess)
Nuts! I can't ssh in to the new Pi4. I seem to have everything set right. Win scp, correct ip, user: root Pw: libreelec....... ssh enabled on Pi... laptop and Pi on network ok.
Only difference maybe is that both devices on a 5g network now? That can't be an issue.
Thanks for any tips. Maybe upgrade my copy of Winscp?
Port seems to be default 22 on winscp and I don't think there is anyplace on Libreelec to set another than 22 or is there?
Jeez, I did this no problem before.
To be clear, you can't connect or you can't log in?

Start by confirming the IP address of the Pi (you can get that from the system information in the settings menu option) and then check that you're connecting with that correct address. Also maybe try something like Putty to make a terminal ssh connection first, as it's perhaps a little more clear what's going on than something like WinSCP for file transfers.

Double-check that you have SSH enabled, and also that you don't have the LE built-in firewall enabled (it's in the network settings tab in the LE settings addon, but you have to scroll down a bit to it. It has 3 options (none/home/public), set it to none (although I think home lets ssh through too, but public won't).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks.  I've done this lots before.  SSH enabled,  firewall off,  address correct, all systems on default for connection after new install.
Putty won't make a simple connection so that I can type commands at all.

I think it may be buggy new LE version...  it is 9.1.501 RPi4.arm....... with  Kodi 18.4Git:leia_pi4_18.4-Leia

So I think I have two layered problems.  First the NEW  Pi4 needs a config rewrite to turn on the audio which I can do by SSH
and then the NEW Libreelec has a connection problem

So next question for the experts:  Is there a way to make a direct LAN connection between my laptop and the Pi4?  or is there a way to find and rewrite the config file on the Pi by entering it without another device, finding the file and editiing it with my Pi/Kodi keyboard?

Sure would like some advice from anyone using the new hardware and software.
Quote: I think it may be buggy new LE version...

This is bull shit... No one has an issue with SSH except you.
(2019-10-21, 05:34)ActionA Wrote: This is bull shit... No one has an issue with SSH except you.

Tone it down a bit, bro... You're in our house now, not in your own.
I can't comment about Pi4, but I have that version of LE running on a Pi3b+ and can SSH into it fine.

If the firewall on the LE install is off, then there's something else blocking the connection if everything is enabled. It might be worth checking on your router if you have device isolation enabled, and that there's no firewall or AV software on the local PC which may be blocking things at that end. Also double-check that everything is actually on the same network and can see/access that network properly.

Do you have any other devices on your network that you could try an SSH connection to, just to confirm if it's just the Pi4 or if it's a general network issue?

As to editing the config file, as I said in your other thread if you can't get SSH to work then just close down the Pi, remote the uSD card and put it in a suitable adaptor (the one almost all uSD cards are supplied with, and you end up with a pile of) and into your PC. There you will see two or three partitions, only one of which (the boot partition) you will be able to actually access (the other two are Linux partitions which by default Windows cannot read - do not attempt to "repair" or format them!). In that partition you should find the config.txt file that you can then edit on the PC.

Once you're done, just pop the uSD card back into the Pi and start it up again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
A cold thread but I had this problem too and it may solve it for the OP or someone else.

I changed the system name and the SSH password in the LibreELEC menu during the initial setup - as most would. I then tried to SSH in using the new system name and the new SSH password - it failed.

The solution was to use "root" (without the quotes) as the username/hostname followed by the new SSH password as setup in LibreElec Services. Using the new hostname / system name as the login never worked.
The SSH user login for LE is always root. It's only the password you can change.

The system name has nothing to do with SSH login, only the machine name that you actually SSH into.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't ssh into Libreelec /kodi on new Pi4.... but have done it before on pi.0