Beta Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll
Hi guys,
I'm using the nightly builds, which generally gives me little problems, but since oct-14 build I get a api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll file missing message.
This file is indeed missing on my PC, and i'm unable to find it online anywhere.
Also I noticed that the Kodi install file is 2MB smaller since oct-14. Maybe there a some important files missing in the installer since then?
Can someone point me to where I can download the file?

Many thanks.
I have the same issue, re-install should include it, tried to installed vc_redist.x64 standalone, still no joy. It appears to be a missing .dll from windows 7 (perhaps 8 too)  and suggestions have been to insert the file with the executable or windows/system32 (there's three yearly flavours for 64bit computers) and I tried them all without success, the last bit of info was that the .dll had to be registered with the system, and that part failed for me. Suggestion, a bit of patience and keep your new install portable before you commit. Developers are aware of this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums...ncore-dlls

A reversion to nightlies KodiSetup-20191016-51a81806-master-x64  brought functionality back.
Hi PatK,
Thank you. I indeed use Win 8.1, and there it's missing too. I looked for the file in Windwos 10 but both versions have api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll though, which in case of Win 8 is located in the SysWOW64 folder.
Copying api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll to the Kodi folder was no succes.

Edit:
I read this entry in the link you send me..

Those DLLs are Windows's implementation detail and are subject to change at anytime. Basically Microsoft started moving around APIs starting from Windows 8. For example, APIs in Windows 8's api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll got moved to api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-1.dll in Windows 8.1. Old software still work because the dlls developer linked to are now just placeholders redirecting calls to the actual implementation. But nobody should link to the implementations directly, as that would be defeating the purpose of having such a redirection. Any software that report those dlls are missing are failing to accommodate the redirection (e.g. reporting a delay-loaded dependency as hard one). 

So I stay with the latest working version of Kodi for now and keep waiting patiently.
(2019-10-22, 05:35)Marco275 Wrote: Any software that report those dlls are missing are failing to accommodate the redirection
tada... you have eagle eyesSmile
(2019-10-22, 19:30)PatK Wrote:
(2019-10-22, 05:35)Marco275 Wrote: Any software that report those dlls are missing are failing to accommodate the redirection
tada... you have eagle eyesSmile 
I just wanted to ask if there is progress on this topic ? I cannot install the newest nightlies and even nightlies as far back as October 14 give me this error...
Support for windows 7 and 8 in Kodi Matrix is at this time is undetermined, a lot of video code has been cleaned-up and some routines simplified or tossed. Getting the executable into older set-ups would require active developers to install the older windows systems and engage legacy code which may be to the detriment of ongoing development. The talk seems to be that win 7 and 32 bit has had it's day and MS itself has declared Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. With this statement; it has been taken literally by most of the Kodi team, also at this point window 8 is seen as a half measure toward windows 10 with little support.

I don't want to preclude patches, or work-rounds or official versions, but the team is already stretched keeping most of the hardware platforms up. (if it's an easy fix, then likely there will be, it would be a matter of priorities) I would suggest Kodi Leia as the stable update for most windows systems. The argument for not upgrading to windows 10 seems to be sliding into obscurity, and we've all had ample notice.

I'm looking at Black Friday, for the move.

https://kodi.tv/article/windows-develope...-needs-you
(2019-11-20, 20:09)PatK Wrote: Support for windows 7 and 8 in Kodi Matrix is at this time is undetermined, a lot of video code has been cleaned-up and some routines simplified or tossed. Getting the executable into older set-ups would require active developers to install the older windows systems and engage legacy code which may be to the detriment of ongoing development. The talk seems to be that win 7 and 32 bit has had it's day and MS itself has declared Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. With this statement; it has been taken literally by most of the Kodi team, also at this point window 8 is seen as a half measure toward windows 10 with little support.

I don't want to preclude patches, or work-rounds or official versions, but the team is already stretched keeping most of the hardware platforms up. (if it's an easy fix, then likely there will be, it would be a matter of priorities) I would suggest Kodi Leia as the stable update for most windows systems. The argument for not upgrading to windows 10 seems to be sliding into obscurity, and we've all had ample notice.

I'm looking at Black Friday, for the move.
Thanks for the update...The machine I tried to install Matrix on, is only an old test-laptop anyway. My main Kodi clients are Android TV and Windows 10, so it should not be a big problem going forward. I was just curious Smile
I note: On a windows 7/64 the nightly Kodi 19 ALPHA KodiSetup-20200125-ba42a083-master-x64 installs and runs for those brave souls.
(2020-01-26, 22:54)PatK Wrote: I note: On a windows 7/64 the nightly Kodi 19 ALPHA KodiSetup-20200125-ba42a083-master-x64 installs and runs for those brave souls.

That's because it was fixed 23 days ago 😀 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17122

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll0