Android Kodi 18.4 , all was working well and suddenly Update Library results in app freezing
Hello,
I am also having problems with Kodi on my Nvidia Shield 2015. I was running 18.4 with my normal Addons when the Addons became glitchy. I triied to fix the addons, but could not get them to work. I reinstalled a fresh download from the the store app, but was not able to install addons or builds (the builds fail after about 28MB into the install). I have also attempted to use older versions of Kodi and I am getting the same results. This is very frustrating as I have never had issues like this before. Any help is much appreciated.
@Nexeu

Since you are new here, I have to inform you that we do not appreciate double-posts on this forum simply because you didn't get an answer soon enough. So kindly do not do that again.

More importantly: you talk about add-ons "getting glitchy" and installing "builds". Team Kodi members have developed a sort of spider sense for people that use the kind of add-ons that facilitate and/or promote video piracy. As per our forum rules (wiki) (which you accepted during the forum registration), Team Kodi has a Z-E-R-O tolerance stance on those type of add-ons and subsequently no support will be given to Kodi devices with said add-ons.

Should my instincts be wrong, then by all means provide us a debug log (wiki) of your troublesome Kodi setup, so we can look out for the real problem.
(2019-10-27, 12:02)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-10-27, 10:45)omarko Wrote: any thoughts from anyone now that I posted the logs? 

Not really, the log file is so short it seems all Kodi does is boot up.

2019-10-27 07:52:39.719 T:24126 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Enable debugging, restart Kodi, do a library update, and then try to provide the log file. If Kodi freezes then, restart/reboot and provide the now kodi.old.log file.  
I cant enable debugging on this android box. I think its disabled on purpose. Am I stuck then ? I see what you mean about the log, strangely its not showing / capturing the running of the update library module. Sad
@omarko - if you genuinely can't do something like that it would indicate that the version of Kodi you're running isn't our reference one, but something that has maybe been changed or altered in some way. Did you install it, or did it come with your box?

As you note, there's something strange going on here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-10-28, 09:39)DarrenHill Wrote: @omarko - if you genuinely can't do something like that it would indicate that the version of Kodi you're running isn't our reference one, but something that has maybe been changed or altered in some way. Did you install it, or did it come with your box?

As you note, there's something strange going on here.

sorry, when you say debugging I thought that was in the settings of the android box, not settings in Kodi.

There are no dodgy add ons etc, its a clean install of Kodi , thats it , no add ons etc, I dont do any dodgy streaming etc.
No, it's a Kodi setting.

We don't provide hardware boxes of any flavour, so we only refer to the software Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
oh I found it ! sorry I feel so stupid. I am doing restart, will replicate the issue and then after crash I will export the old kodi log. stay tuned.

thank you for your help.
ok, here is a new old kodi log after crash with debug ON.

https://paste.kodi.tv/cubehijavi

and after I pressed ok I got this error:

error posting the old log file. This file is too large. Max is 1MB.
bump ... anyone please?
another bump ... I still cant work this out ... its a mystery. I bought a brand new android box, fresh install of Kodi and it scanned the library perfectly. Refresh - same problem. 

can someone please please help ?
(2019-11-07, 05:29)omarko Wrote: another bump ... I still cant work this out ... its a mystery. I bought a brand new android box, fresh install of Kodi and it scanned the library perfectly. Refresh - same problem. 

can someone please please help ?
Try to make sure the Kodi app is stopped, and that the Kodi settings folder is really removed on the Android tv box:
\\192.168.x.x\internal\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi

Android tv on nVidia Shield can share the internal memory as a folder on the network so you can access it from a computer. It should be found in android storage settings.

I had a similar problem with the library after the update to 18.5 where when I scanned for new episodes, both new and old ones disappeared from the library.. the logs looked fine, found episodes and downloaded metadata but only the shows info were there saying "0 of 0 episodes watched", and I tried to remove and add source, but it didn't help. I finally removed MyVideos116.db in [i]\.kodi\userdata\Database[/i], after this the scanning worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.4 , all was working well and suddenly Update Library results in app freezing0