RF remote controls and undetected keycodes
Hi,

So, I have a RF remote control which (AFAIK) works as a keyboard. Most/some of the buttons aren't doing anything in Kodi so I created a custom keymap and used the keycodes in there (`<key id="355">Select</key>`).

Now, I have enabled debug-logging but cannot see any messages triggered by keypresses when I try the keys that were not working out of the box.

I tried using XModMap to no avail. I read somewhere that Kodi used SDL precompiled key mappings, but then again I found post recommending the use of XModMap.

What's the correct way to get those keycodes to work (I'm running Kodi 18).
as mentioned in another thread. I would drop the RF remote, buy an IR remote and use a Flirc dongle. That works like a charm.
(2019-10-23, 12:05)DaVu Wrote: as mentioned in another thread. I would drop the RF remote, buy an IR remote and use a Flirc dongle. That works like a charm.

But why is this? If Kodi uses X11 to read the keycodes I don't see why XModmap wouldn't work?
Sorry, no clue. Wink

Hence I recommended something else which I know working OOTB
I am a big fan of the IR remote in my sig.  Amazon had them a few months ago.  Ebay too.  Check the manufacture web site too.  The github repo I linked in my sig ill give you everything you need to use it with kodi and others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RF remote controls and undetected keycodes0