Solved 18.4, TV SHOWS not correctly scraped
I posted in the BUG TRACKER but it has been closed, since it seems I need to go through the forum, at very first, to search help, even if according to me it is a bug.

kodi 18.4 on Windows
Starting from a clean setup, I add a source (it is a shared folder on a NAS), type TV SHOW, local .nfo
The folder contains several TV shows perfectly scraped by Kodi 17.x
The scraper does not add anything.

Now, remove the previosly added source, add again the same shared folder and specify not TV SHOW but MOVIES
In this way, each episode is addeed like a movie
Then, change the source content from MOVIES to TV SHOWS, the library is cleaned and the source is correctly scraped.

I can not understand where is the problem.
Moreover, it works fine with 17.x
@sonus.faber

Yep, that would be me that closed it. I am pretty sure it is a user error, but nobody can tell until you provide information that we can use.

Start off by reading this post... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969 especially 1e, f, g and h

I am pretty sure your problem is covered in the first section. If not, then provide the information requested in the second section including 1 tvshow.nfo and an episode nfo file from a problem show.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-23, 02:05)Karellen Wrote: I know you closed my post on the bug-tracker. :-)

Anyway, I read your suggestions and regardless them, the two main questions are:

1) the very same sources are correctly scraped as TV SHOWS with Kodi 17.x, but are not with Kodi 18.4
What does it mean? Why this behaviour?

2) having said that Kodi 18.4 does not import anything from my tv shows folder if I choose TV SHOWS as source type, why episodes are correctly imported if I choose at first MOVIE as source type then change the content to TV SHOWS?

Here you can find a .nfo from my collection.
https://paste.kodi.tv/jutiguluxo

Where is all the other information I asked for? Did you read the suggestions? Did it help? Have you solved it? Feedback on what you have done would be nice.

Did you read item 1e? This is your problem. The solution to fix is in the link I posted above.

Not a Kodi bug like you think. It is a TMM problem for providing defective nfo files.

Moved to TMM
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-23, 19:56)Karellen Wrote: Where is all the other information I asked for? Did you read the suggestions? Did it help? Have you solved it? Feedback on what you have done would be nice.

Did you read item 1e? This is your problem. The solution to fix is in the link I posted above.

Not a Kodi bug like you think. It is a TMM problem for providing defective nfo files.

Moved to TMM
I understand what you say and most probably it is not a bug having declared the changes in the way Kodi scrapes tv shows and related API

Assuming the .nfo generated by TMM are not 100% OK for new versions of Kodi and assuming this is the reason why Kodi does not scrape tv shows, then
why adding the same source as MOVIE, then remove the source, clean the library, adding again the same source as TV SHOWS .... then this action let Kodi scrape everything?

I got the same result if adding the source as movie than change the source content.

Thanks for your time
(2019-10-24, 00:57)sonus.faber Wrote: why adding the same source as MOVIE, then remove the source
Doing this means nothing and proves nothing. Movies and TV Shows work differently, obviously.

But, there is currently a bug in Kodi that allows this to happen and it has been reported here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16112. This bug means nothing to your problem, rather you have just stumbled across the bug while fiddling around.

Fix the problem with your nfo files. The solution is in the links I gave you or you can wait for the TMM developers to tell you how to do that in TMM as they were over a year late in implementing that change.

Anyway, there is nothing else that I can tell you that will change the problem and the solution I have given you.
My Signature
(2019-10-24, 01:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 00:57)sonus.faber Wrote: why adding the same source as MOVIE, then remove the source
But, there is currently a bug in Kodi that allows this to happen and it has been reported here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16112. This bug means nothing to your problem, rather you have just stumbled across the bug while fiddling around.
Thanks for your time
This is the answer I was looking for.
it is a bug.

thank you.
@sonus.faber

**sigh** Yes there are bugs in kodi. None of these bugs apply to your problem. I don't think you really want to understand that, do youHuh?? But if it makes you feel better and smarter, then yes lets blame imaginary bugs.

I'm out.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
@Karellen I've read the whole thread 2 times, but I still cannot figure out what the exact problem is.. and in which case tmm produces defective NFOs? afaik @myron tests several different Kodi versionsn from time to time with our NFO files and I am not aware of an open problem...
v1 API in the NFO file. Kodi does not use v1 API and only accepts v2. I have tried telling the member this by pointing him to the thread with instructions on how to fix (item 1e), but he seems lost in his own world.

Also the UniqueID's are in a deprecated format. I guess this has all been fixed in later versions of the software, but he is still holding onto older nfo files that are non-compliant and insisting on blaming bugs in Kodi for nfo files created with TMM.
My Signature
okay, do you speak of the episodeguide format?

already patched to v2 almost a year ago (and even TMDB api added): https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny....java#L465

I assume @sonus.faber just needs to rewrite the NFO files for the TV shows with any tmm v3 version
(2019-10-24, 07:43)mlaggner Wrote: okay, do you speak of the episodeguide format?
Yes

(2019-10-24, 07:43)mlaggner Wrote: already patched to v2 almost a year ago (and even TMDB api added): https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny....java#L465
Yep, I remember from here.. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2831188
But his nfo files are quite old and before the fix.
Did you also fix the UniqueID? I think I mentioned that before also.

(2019-10-24, 07:43)mlaggner Wrote: I assume @sonus.faber just needs to rewrite the NFO files for the TV shows with any tmm v3 version
Yes, but the member seems more intent on blaming bugs than fixing the problem.

This issue comes up frequently and it is a simple fix for the member. So often that it is on my short list of common problems here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2858362 ... well no, I must have missed that hint Wink 
is this also true for movies? at least one uniqueid has to be default=true?

AND

according to TV shows: must the uniqueid be from the same scpraper as the episodeguide (just to make sure)
Yes, one ID has to be set as true. Ideally it would look something like this for movies...
xml:
<uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt2557490</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">188161</uniqueid>

and like this for tv shows...
xml:
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt1869454</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">71915</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb">359569</uniqueid>

It is your choice how many and which ID's you use, but a lot of add-ons look for the "imdb" ID to provide additional information, so it would be a good idea to include the IMDB ID if possible (and even make it default)

(2019-10-24, 08:35)mlaggner Wrote: according to TV shows: must the uniqueid be from the same scpraper as the episodeguide (just to make sure)
No. An ID from any site is allowable, but the IMDB ID would be the most beneficial for Kodi and the add-on landscape.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
18.4, TV SHOWS not correctly scraped0