Does Keymap Editor work with the Xbox One controller?
I'm attempting to map "Show Info" to the X button and the context menu to the start button.  I navigate through the addon, find the required settings, press the desired buttons on my controller, re-enter the addon and see a string of numbers replacing the key that was there originally.  Press back until the first screen of the addon, select save, and try out the buttons.  Neither works, "X" still prompts the context menu and "start" still does nothing.  If I go back into the addon, I still see the string of numbers that were added when I first assigned the buttons, but it's not doing anything? Any advice?
I'm not sure I completely understand your message (it's late at night here).

But the concept of mapping actions to certain buttons on the Xbox one controller is not as simple as just using the configuration add-on (unfortunately).

All that part does is tell Kodi 'part this button here is 'A' is '0'. And this button 'B' is '1'.

It does nothing to do Kodi what to do in different situations when you're buttons are pressed.

You need to look up on 'joystick.xml' for this.

(I'm still looking in to it)

I've got a basic joystick.xml in place on my Xbox one Kodi install (some actions are as I want them to be) but it needs a fair bit of work yet.

Do look in to joystick.xml if you get a chance.
This conversation went dead in 2018? Needing some help. I'm a semi-novice. Definitely when it comes to the Xbox. Setting up for my son-in-law. Running Kodi 20.2 on Xbox One S. Needing to find out if there is a way to map for these 2(technically 4) things:

Fullscreen Video>Subtitle>Delay Minus/Plus 
and
Fullscreen Video>Navigation>Next/Previous letter

Possible? Yes or No?
If so? Any direction on py code for joystick.xml? Thank you!!!
@davelee77 - you might be better asking here - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356730

That's the support thread for the Keymap Editor addon.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Keymap Editor work with the Xbox One controller?0