Dependencies: are they also uninstalled when you uninstall a skin?
Hi,

per the title: are dependencies installed when a skin is installed also uninstalled when you uninstall that skin?

If not, how can I see what dependencies the skin installs so I can manually uninstall them?

Thanks
Edit: Removed my misinformation.

@trogggy thx for the correction. Blush
Settings > system > addons > manage dependencies should show if any dependencies are orphans, ie not needed by anything else.
If you uninstall a skin then check there for orphans you should get everything.
Thanks @trogggy
(2019-10-25, 00:57)trogggy Wrote: Settings > system > addons > manage dependencies should show if any dependencies are orphans, ie not needed by anything else.

After much testing, this turns out not to be the case. I've seen required add-ons flagged as dependent that were not orphaned after the skin was uninstalled and other required add-ons not marked dependent at all.

Standing by my original statement. A clean install of kodi is the only foolproof method of removing every add-on a skin may have installed.
(2019-10-25, 09:05)nonJon Wrote:
(2019-10-25, 00:57)trogggy Wrote: Settings > system > addons > manage dependencies should show if any dependencies are orphans, ie not needed by anything else.

After much testing, this turns out not to be the case. I've seen required add-ons flagged as dependent that were not orphaned after the skin was uninstalled and other required add-ons not marked dependent at all.

Standing by my original statement. A clean install of kodi is the only foolproof method of removing every add-on a skin may have installed. 
Fair enough.  I was going off how it's supposed to work, it's not very often that I uninstall anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dependencies: are they also uninstalled when you uninstall a skin?0