Node Editor
(2019-10-30, 16:48)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 13:31)jjd-uk Wrote: All widgets shown on my screenshot wrap meaning when you get to the end on the right most item on the row it wraps to the left most item on the row.

Sorry, bad definition of wrap.... 
I mean that they wrap onto the next row / line, and that they don't disappear off the page...

Then I could use categories for everything.

That most likely can be done with xml modifications.
It might be worth putting up here what I see as optimal layout, and why.
I have something similar on my Dune, which was really easy to set up, but looks quite old now.
Given the Dune method didn't have watched, next up, scraping, netflix, youtube and costs a lot I want to replace with Kodi on Pi.

I actually believe that my requirements are quite simple, and would cover almost any family.  I am a great proponent of keeping it simple.
I'm never going to search by studio, never going to order by director, I don't really think anyone (normal) does.

I also don't really like the widgets that show a few things that "match" some criteria.
For in progress and next up, it's fine, even for recently added && unwatched.

However if I am looking through a collection, I either know what I want, and it's unlikely to be one of the first few on screen, or I don't know, and want to browse everything with a layout designed for that.

I love the different layout that Kodi can offer out of the box, and find verticalMosaic for TV (don't need to read description), and Widelist or Posters for Movies (where I want to read the summary as I browse), the best - but often switch.

This all has to be WAF friendly.

Movies:  All I really need is a quick way to get to All, Kids, recent, perhaps Genres, and nice to have in progress.  I might add "all" at the top, as it's not always obvious there's something under the main menu.

The only thing I can't do now, is have the list of categories at the top wrap, so there's never any left/right scrolling.

Then TV - again apart from Kids, it's all or in progress.  This I can do already.

Finally Video - which is the one that's farthest away.  Each of these links to a node with criteria, or a playlist.  However playlists can't have icons.
This can be done with nodes, however they are not visible in "videos".  I might just swap movies and videos around (label & icon-wise).

Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2019-10-30, 16:53)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 14:58)the_other_guy Wrote: estuary mod dose not fully support nodes
there are 2 links
i kinks to folder  library://video/widgets/movies/row1/

2nd links to xml library://video/widgets/movies/row1/row1.xml
plugin with widget link to xml file
I'm sorry, it's probably me, however I have no idea what you're talking about... other than the first line that MOD doesn't support nodes. 
there are two ways to display nodes 1 being the folder Categories
2nd is to link to the xml file actors.xml tou need to edit home.xml for this mod
(2019-10-31, 01:10)the_other_guy Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 16:53)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 14:58)the_other_guy Wrote: estuary mod dose not fully support nodes
there are 2 links
i kinks to folder  library://video/widgets/movies/row1/

2nd links to xml library://video/widgets/movies/row1/row1.xml
plugin with widget link to xml file
I'm sorry, it's probably me, however I have no idea what you're talking about... other than the first line that MOD doesn't support nodes.  
there are two ways to display nodes 1 being the folder Categories
2nd is to link to the xml file actors.xml tou need to edit home.xml for this mod 
Sorry, I'm still not really sure what you're saying here...  My lack of detailed knowledge of the skins is probably at fault.

I was hoping to find a way to do something that anyone could use, which requires the minimum of technical work, and would allow skins/system upgrades to not interrupt/break anything.

I've now tried to swap videos and movies, as I can add parent nodes to movies, but not videos, however you can't add "in progress" to videos, at least, the navigation doesn't work again, so that idea is now abandoned too.

Think I will have to try to put everything on the movies page.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Something similar happening over here that might be of interest... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348991
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-06, 11:56)Karellen Wrote: Something similar happening over here that might be of interest... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348991

That's interesting, however is about adding to main menu? whereas I want to have everything in boxes on the page on the right hand side of the home screen.

Also, restricted by playlists not being able to have custom icons.

Looking at my "ideal" scenario above, do you think that's even possible without editing XML?
(2019-11-06, 12:23)wcndave Wrote: Looking at my "ideal" scenario above, do you think that's even possible without editing XML?
Are you using the default Estuary skin or the mod v2 skin? If using default skin, then you will need to edit xml files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-06, 21:47)Karellen Wrote: Are you using the default Estuary skin or the mod v2 skin? If using default skin, then you will need to edit xml files.
I am using the MOD v2 skin.  There just seems to be a bug with navigating to widgets on screens that are not movies/tv
I even tried adding another main menu item of type movies, and that didn't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Node Editor0