Local trailer path Issue
i am trying to use local trailers, when i set TMM to download trailers when scraping it doesnt write a trailer tag to the nfo and thus no trailer button to click in kodi,

if i click the download trailer after it has set the online url for the trailer it doesnt change the trailer tag in the nfo, it keeps the online url.

if i manually change the trailer url to the local path it plays

can you add the ability to set the local path to the trailer?

is there a way to set the path without using the full path?

IE: nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mnt/user/share/movie folder/moviename-trailer

is there a substitution for nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mnt/user/share/
anyone?
IIRC Kodi detects trailer on the file system and needs nothing in the NFO

otherwise: from the tmm frontend you will not have the same path to the trailer as from Kodi.
for example:

from my PC the movie is mounted via
Z:\movieA\trailer.avi

from Kodi it is
smb://NAS/movies/movieA/tailer.avi

when tmm writes Z:\movieA\trailer.avi to the NFO Kodi is not able to detect it the right way
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-10-30, 16:20)mlaggner Wrote: IIRC Kodi detects trailer on the file system and needs nothing in the NFO

otherwise: from the tmm frontend you will not have the same path to the trailer as from Kodi.
for example:

from my PC the movie is mounted via
Z:\movieA\trailer.avi

from Kodi it is
smb://NAS/movies/movieA/tailer.avi

when tmm writes Z:\movieA\trailer.avi to the NFO Kodi is not able to detect it the right way

Kodi is not detecting the trailer.

Perhaps a option to set the mount path as a setting, and have tmm append the foldername/filename.

Or is there a general path?

IE: videodb://movies/foldername/filename
(2019-10-30, 16:20)mlaggner Wrote: IIRC Kodi detects trailer on the file system and needs nothing in the NFO
Correct. No need to use tag for local trailer, the same way you don't need artwork tags for local artwork.

Just ensure the trailer is named correctly and placed next to the movie file. See here... Trailers (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i downloaded the trailer from within TMM:

Movie name: 127 Hours (2010)_DTSHD-MA.Blu-ray.mkv
Trailer Name: 127 Hours (2010)_DTSHD-MA.Blu-ray-trailer.quicktime

the nfo file for this movie has  <trailer/> for the trailer tag

i tried using the refresh button for the movie = no trailer
i tried removing the title from the library, clean library, update library = no trailer

i have the scraper set to local info only if that matters
(2019-10-30, 21:04)spl147 Wrote: Movie name: 127 Hours (2010)_DTSHD-MA.Blu-ray.mkv
Is "quicktime" a recognised file extension?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-30, 21:11)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 21:04)spl147 Wrote: Movie name: 127 Hours (2010)_DTSHD-MA.Blu-ray.mkv
Is "quicktime" a recognised file extension? 
it is what TMM named it, i can play it manually
These are the supported file type extensions for video files... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L409

"quicktime" is not a file extension, it is a name of a program or of a storage system. This is why Kodi cannot find your trailer.

Sounds like a little bug in TMM that needs to be fixed.
My Signature
(2019-10-30, 21:20)Karellen Wrote: These are the supported file type extensions for video files... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L409

"quicktime" is not a file extension, it is a name of a program or of a storage system. This is why Kodi cannot find your trailer.

Sounds like a little bug in TMM that needs to be fixed.

i changed the ext. to .mp4, hit refresh and it's there!

thank you for the help, so yes this is a bug with TMM
Great!!
My Signature
Could you give us more context. Which scraper did you use?

Looks like the source of the scraper returned this as file name...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2019-10-31, 08:28)mlaggner Wrote: Could you give us more context. Which scraper did you use?

Looks like the source of the scraper returned this as file name...

I have also noticed, when i select a movie, goto the trailer tab, click the download trailer icon, it does not uncheck the nfo tab, nor does it say downloaded. it also does not remove the online url from the nfo file
Is this being worked on?
we've had a look, but it is not happening here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local trailer path Issue0