Change the number of menus on the home menu
I really like the Rapier skin and have used it for many years.
Is it possible to change the number of menus on the home menu the so there are not five menu items but only two namely "Movies" and "TV shows".
I only have those two active in Rapier setup but Rapier just copy them so that there are either three times "Movies" with twice "TV shows" or vice versa. 
How or where can I change the number from five down to two or three menu items on the home menu ?

I use Rapier 10.x.x with Kodi 17 DSPLAYER (Windows 10)
heya, this is easy. Go to Settings -> Skin -> Home -> Hide Categorys and enable the items you want to hide Smile
(2019-10-28, 16:28)skybird1980 Wrote: heya, this is easy. Go to Settings -> Skin -> Home -> Hide Categorys and enable the items you want to hide Smile
Hey skybird, thanks but I already done that  Smile As I wrote in the first post - when I do that Rapier just copy those two categorys "Movies" and "TV Shows" so that there are either three times "Movies" with twice "TV shows" or vice versa.
It is like Rapier have a rule/code that says that there always should be a minimum of five Categorys on the homemenu.
I took a foto where one can see the three "FILM/MOVIES" and the two "TV-SERIER/TV-SHOWS".
Picture

In this picture one can see I only have the two categories set to be shown
Picture 2
ah so you don't want a infinite home menu... this is a job for gade then.
(2019-10-30, 17:25)skybird1980 Wrote: ah so you don't want a infinite home menu... this is a job for gade then.
exactly  Wink no infinite menu only 2 menu items "Movies" and "TV Shows".
Hi scheye and welcome to the forums.
Thanks a lot for the support

To achieve what you want, you'll have to manually edit the xml files.
You have to take into account that there's always an uneven number of categories on screen. So if you want an even number, you'll have to change positions etc.
Also, consider that the focused category is always in the center of the screen. So if you only have 2 categories, they might behave strange - with one in center and the other to the left or right.

Great to see another Dane here. Where are you from?
(2019-11-01, 03:04)Gade Wrote: Hi scheye and welcome to the forums.
Thanks a lot for the support

To achieve what you want, you'll have to manually edit the xml files.
You have to take into account that there's always an uneven number of categories on screen. So if you want an even number, you'll have to change positions etc.
Also, consider that the focused category is always in the center of the screen. So if you only have 2 categories, they might behave strange - with one in center and the other to the left or right.

Great to see another Dane here. Where are you from?

Hi Gade, thanks  Smile Yes, another Dane, i´m from Frederiksberg Wink
It´s perfectly allright having to create one category more so that I will have three in total, It will be much nicer than the five menues I now have.

Can you tell me in which XML file as well as where in this file I need to change the menu number from five to three ?

I have always used Rapier because I really like the "moviewall with big posters" and the "speed" of the skin after I turned off the unused "views" a while ago.
I use Rapier on my HTPC (Win10, Kodi DSPlayer, MADVR, Rapier v. 10) and on my Nvidia Shield TV (Android, Kodi 19 Rapier v. 12). 

Thanks in advance  Wink
Hi Gade,

Could you kindly help me in which xml file as well as where in that file I could correct the number of home menu items down from 5 too 3 ?
Hi scheye.

Sorry about waiting for an answer. I'm pretty busy at the moment.

I currently live in Greve, moved from Brønshøj a little more than a year ago.

The problem as I see it, is that the skin is created to show 5 categories all the time.
So it will probably not look as good with only 3.

You can experiment with editing includes_Home.xml in the 720p/ folder.
Look for the include "HomeMenu".
You could start changing the container to list, panel etc. and delete all category entries you don't use.

Remember that all custom xml edits are overwritten each time the skin is updated. And I always encourage to keep the skin updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change the number of menus on the home menu0