Little Bug "same director"
By the information panel of a film, if I select the films of the "same director" I also see the films in which he is an actor.
(2019-10-29, 11:34)nuovacarne Wrote: By the information panel of a film, if I select the films of the "same director" I also see the films in which he is an actor.
In some films, the director also is an actor (e.g. Woody Allen), skin dependant; result might be episode or movie towards the exclusiveness of the search, better to err on the side of more than less. Smart playlists can be set to uncover exacting results, and some scripts can be quite comprehensive. Add-on:ExtendedInfo Script (wiki)
I also consider this to be a bug.  In Hollywood, people can serve as producers, actors, screenwriters or do a ton of other things that will get them listed in the film's credits.  When the user chooses "Same director," he wants to see movies directed by the same director.

Also, because "Check director" in Kodi doesn't check the person's first name, the feature is pretty broken.  For example, when you press "Same director" on a Sofia Coppola's movie, that returns Francis Ford Coppola's movies as well.  Penny Marshall returns Gary Marshall.
The feature request forum is great place to put forth ideas, improvements and requests.  Coders are welcome to entertain these posts along with bugs to be considered.

Entertain Smart playlists (wiki) for this feature fix as I don't see a bug, rather shortcoming in a feature operation. When diving into depth, Wikipedia and movie database offer much more granular detail, and tha't why Kodi has a windowed mode in whihc to open up these services.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Little Bug "same director"0