Arrow buttons aren't context sensitive in JSON
I did try the C++ Event Server example before adding the new info to my OP, and it did not go well. The good news is, I got the json stuff completely working with my Fire Stick, so I now have my universal remote working with AHK just as it did in PC Kodi, with single button access to subtitles, mark watched, and many other things. I'm hoping I can use the stick instead of the PC for Kodi, as the latter has recently acquired a stubborn, roughly once-per-hour video stutter that I haven't been able to eliminate fooling around with the player settings. Before that, it was occasionally randomly crashing on x265 files, which I started a thread on months ago, and eventually mostly worked around by disabling audio passthrough. This is with a GT 1030 and i5 4670.

About disabling audio passthrough, I found I prefer it, and I'm glad the Fire Stick decodes everything, including DTSMA and TrueHD. It keeps my AVR from flipping between the passthrough codec and stereo every time I do things like skip back/forward, incurring a faint click through the speaker every time. Now it stays in multichannel PCM, and there's no clicking.

Fire Stick hint: I was able to disable its auto-sleep function, which turns it into a 24/7 Kodi device. It's nice not having to always open Kodi from the Amazon UI.

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-set-custo...hout-root/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arrow buttons aren't context sensitive in JSON0