Broken is there any workaround/fix for TV show scraping no longer working?
so recently TV show scraping seems to have broken (images fetched ok, but no meta data). From hunting around this seems related to TVDB API version changes - but is there any workaround or fix? Or is the answer "fill in all the details by hand" now?
If TVDb disabled the old API then you have to use TMDb until i release the next version.
(2019-10-31, 12:23)DanCooper Wrote: If TVDb disabled the old API then you have to use TMDb until i release the next version.

TMDB isn't doing so well either. 
I have 6 episodes of "Good Omens" all named as "Good Omens - S01Exx" which when it scrapes the episode it gets only the posters back, not the meta data (it does get the right TMDB id for the show though - 71915). But if I hit the API directly (https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/71915/se...pi_key=<my key here>) I get all the metadata. Something's not happy.
A bit of playing with Fiddler shows that it Ember is requesting and receiving season metadata, just it then doesn't populate the episodes with that metadata (credits, plot, etc.)
(2019-10-31, 12:23)DanCooper Wrote: If TVDb disabled the old API then you have to use TMDb until i release the next version.

Any idea when that might be?
Probably safe to wait until TVDB have finished updating their site and API... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...90#p161690
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Pretty please with sugar on top either fix this or bring out a new version. Can't sync TV shows into Kodi now.  Sad
(2019-11-09, 14:44)Chrolm Wrote: Pretty please with sugar on top either fix this or bring out a new version. Can't sync TV shows into Kodi now.  Sad
Can't you just watch episodes via files until it's fixed?
(2019-11-09, 14:53)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 14:44)Chrolm Wrote: Pretty please with sugar on top either fix this or bring out a new version. Can't sync TV shows into Kodi now.  Sad
Can't you just watch episodes via files until it's fixed? 
With a manual scape, yes of course. Not saying anything "isn't possible", but the POINT of using EMM is that it scrapes and adds to directly to the local Kodi.
Seems like a complete mess. I see a number of posts of people complaining that various tasks aren't working properly. EMM will scrape images only at the moment for me - metadata for series or episodes still not loading.
I have disabled the TVDB scraper (for data and images) and enabled TMDB for both (with the same data fields).

Scraping is working well enough again (for my use case anyway).
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is there any workaround/fix for TV show scraping no longer working?0