• 2(current)
Kodi exiting video randomly on new Nvdia Shield Pro 2019
do you think it's okay to have both nfs and samba sharing the same drive? I'm fine trying nfs for my shield but I still need to copy my ripped movies to the drive from my win10 box.

thanks
(2019-11-02, 12:56)Klojum Wrote: As far as I can tell, it's an Android <-> SMB fight.

As far as NFS is concerned, browsing is the 'only' problem. File streaming itself is fine.

Could pls point me to some description on how to find and update the sources.xml on the Shield TV? thx
(2019-11-02, 16:12)sullysnet Wrote: do you think it's okay to have both nfs and samba sharing the same drive?
They are both file protocols that can be used for whatever is deemed necessary.
If either one of them works or both work, it's fine by me.
(2019-11-02, 16:18)std_ren Wrote:
(2019-11-02, 12:56)Klojum Wrote: As far as I can tell, it's an Android <-> SMB fight.

As far as NFS is concerned, browsing is the 'only' problem. File streaming itself is fine.

Could pls point me to some description on how to find and update the sources.xml on the Shield TV? thx 

I think you would probably need to turn the file sharing on the shield tv then go to it from you windows box. I had to enable smb client in Win10 to see the shield. I could not get to it just from the IP. From there I wouldn't know the path the that sources file but you can do a search. Not sure if that helps.
(2019-11-02, 16:18)std_ren Wrote: Could pls point me to some description on how to find and update the sources.xml on the Shield TV?

The Nvidia Shield has a built-in SMB server that you can activate. Once that is operational, you can connect another computer to the Shield's storage drive, and subsequently edit/copy/paste any file in Kodi's profile folder.
Thanks Klojum...got the built-in SMB server up, can't find the Kodi profile folder, I'm giving up...going back to my Apple TV 4K / Infuse Pro for my movies.
(2019-11-02, 17:12)std_ren Wrote: Thanks Klojum...got the built-in SMB server up, can't find the Kodi profile folder, I'm giving up...going back to my Apple TV 4K / Infuse Pro for my movies.
do a search for Kodi, I found that many things are hidden. I did that for my Kodi log because I could not find it
last night I was watching Blade Runner 2049 and it froze Kodi, this is using nfs. I wouldn't imagine the cache is full but is there a way to clean this just in case? Also I read that it could be add-ons. I think the only thing I have is the screen saver Caster, a visualization and Youtube and Filmrise. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.
looks like it happened again on 4k content only. I'm experimenting with turning off the AI mode. I'll try to do a log but it happens randomly. Anyone else see this? Happened a third time with AI turned off or set to enhanced. Wonder if it's something else?

thanks
Hi, i get the same issue on Tube version only with 4K movies doesnt do it for 1080p files I have files stored on windows 10 PC its not speed issue very sure about that WIFI is full speed it doesnt do the buffer it just exits the movie I also use high end ASUS AX88U have no option to use network wire into shield , I upgraded from the shield 2017 and right now seems downgrade as playing files from
network is what i use it most for

Hope this is resolved soon
2nd hotfix has been released
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...fix-image/

This is listed
SMB server transfer speed slows to 0 then drops during transfer

Just signed up to get the update hope it resolves the issue
still get the same issue with the 2nd hotfix applied, back to Firestick 4K which doesnt have the issue
(2019-11-20, 16:38)Zak11 Wrote: still get the same issue with the 2nd hotfix applied, back to Firestick 4K which doesnt have the issue

that fix to me sounds like it is smb connection inside the shield and not the smb client. I bet if you did a share inside the shield you would see the results of the bug fix.
Hi, so user on Nvidia forum kindly helped and suggested the following and it seems to have solved the issue 

yes same as you, I have a ticket into nvidia support. I guess the dev team is looking at it. You can create the share in the shield from the storage part of the menu. There it says mount share. Usually it scans for shares but you can manually do it as well. Once that is connected you can enable the caching by enabling developer options. You do that by clicking many times on the version under the about section of the shield. It is logger cache. I tested it at max 16mb. After that you create your sources inside Kodi the only difference is now you will see the mount from the shield. Try it and see if we get the same results. thanks
(2019-11-21, 22:31)Zak11 Wrote: Hi, so user on Nvidia forum kindly helped and suggested the following and it seems to have solved the issue 

yes same as you, I have a ticket into nvidia support. I guess the dev team is looking at it. You can create the share in the shield from the storage part of the menu. There it says mount share. Usually it scans for shares but you can manually do it as well. Once that is connected you can enable the caching by enabling developer options. You do that by clicking many times on the version under the about section of the shield. It is logger cache. I tested it at max 16mb. After that you create your sources inside Kodi the only difference is now you will see the mount from the shield. Try it and see if we get the same results. thanks
that was me...lol glad it worked. I've confirmed that ifx is for the old model and new and using your share inside the shield. It is not a client fix for shares inside Kodi.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi exiting video randomly on new Nvdia Shield Pro 20190