• 1(current)
Kodi exiting video randomly on new Nvdia Shield Pro 2019
I recently updated to the 2019 Shield Pro. Everything seems to work just as my previous 2017 version but I am finding that any movie I watch, it exits out to the menu
over and over again. I can resume the place but at a random time it will exit out again. Last night I tested on spmc and it seemed to work fine. I didn't watch it for a very long time but I watched the beginning story from Sin City and it didn't quit on me. If I went into 18.4 and did that same amount of time, it would exit out.

I'm using OMV smb share. Never had issues on the old Shield. I have tried turning off many things on the shield but nothing helps it. I assumed it was my network but every time I check it, it is at the same speed and signal strength. I can stream Pluto tv, I haven't had a chance to do Netflix but I will test it. Seems to be only with movies and Kodi. I see this was an issue in the past but I can't find a clear answer to my issues.

I also tested another release from another alternative using Kodi 18.4 and that stopped playback as well. I began testing out an old 18 release and so far that seems to be okay but I need to test further and I also downloaded a few other releases.

Anyone have any ideas? I also tried to find the log but the file explorer that I downloaded didn't find any logs under Android Kodi folder.

thanks
(2019-10-31, 23:42)sullysnet Wrote: I recently updated to the 2019 Shield Pro. Everything seems to work just as my previous 2017 version but I am finding that any movie I watch, it exits out to the menu
over and over again. I can resume the place but at a random time it will exit out again. Last night I tested on spmc and it seemed to work fine. I didn't watch it for a very long time but I watched the beginning story from Sin City and it didn't quit on me. If I went into 18.4 and did that same amount of time, it would exit out.

I'm using OMV smb share. Never had issues on the old Shield. I have tried turning off many things on the shield but nothing helps it. I assumed it was my network but every time I check it, it is at the same speed and signal strength. I can stream Pluto tv, I haven't had a chance to do Netflix but I will test it. Seems to be only with movies and Kodi. I see this was an issue in the past but I can't find a clear answer to my issues.

I also tested another release from another alternative using Kodi 18.4 and that stopped playback as well. I began testing out an old 18 release and so far that seems to be okay but I need to test further and I also downloaded a few other releases.

Anyone have any ideas? I also tried to find the log but the file explorer that I downloaded didn't find any logs under Android Kodi folder.

thanks
ES file explorer was known to cause this, if you have installed it uninstall and check again. Other than that, you will need to provide a full debug log, so that someone can check and help you....
I do have that installed but it started before I had it installed. I can remove again but how do I find the log? I can start the logging but finding the log, I'm not sure how to do that. When I have ES on there and run the log I don't see it in internal storage.
So far I have tried disabling the upscaling, the networking connection I have setup is the best I have in the house. Any other connection wouldn't be worth it to try. The speed and connection is showing as good and I can stream other sources. 
I disabled IPv6 and rebooted 2x, I just recently disabled all the CEC settings but I still need to test a movie with that in place for a longer period of time. I also tried other versions 18.2 and 18.0 and both stop playing the video.

If someone could guide me on how I can find the log once I enable debugging that would be great. 

thanks!!!
(2019-11-01, 15:50)sullysnet Wrote: When I have ES on there and run the log I don't see it in internal storage.

ES File Explorer became bloated and created plenty of nag screens.
Try X-plore File Manager instead. No ads, no nags.

(2019-11-01, 15:50)sullysnet Wrote: If someone could guide me on how I can find the log once I enable debugging that would be great
The Nvidia Shield has a built-in SMB server that you can activate. You will see your login name and a generated password. With that you can also 'easily' connect to the Shield's internal memory section, and find Kodi's profile folder including the log files. Using a Linux computer, it's easy to link with the Shield, I have no idea what Windows 10 will do.
(2019-11-01, 16:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-01, 15:50)sullysnet Wrote: When I have ES on there and run the log I don't see it in internal storage.

ES File Explorer became bloated and created plenty of nag screens.
Try X-plore File Manager instead. No ads, no nags.
(2019-11-01, 15:50)sullysnet Wrote: If someone could guide me on how I can find the log once I enable debugging that would be great
The Nvidia Shield has a built-in SMB server that you can activate. You will see your login name and a generated password. With that you can also 'easily' connect to the Shield's internal memory section, and find Kodi's profile folder including the log files. Using a Linux computer, it's easy to link with the Shield, I have no idea what Windows 10 will do.

thanks I will check that out, probably similar connection that I can make with my phone. I have a ssh server on my phone to transfer files and I can see the structure from there

\\SHIELD\internal\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi looks like the logs are hidden. Not sure if I did this right but the log is pasted here

https://paste.kodi.tv/ibuwoyajer.kodi

thanks
I did another one

https://paste.kodi.tv/uhetisomeq.kodi
sorry for all the posts, I tried to make my shield static in the event there was some conflict but still it crashes. No matter the video

https://paste.kodi.tv/pododapaye.kodi
is this my issue? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15241 I just tested it for a few and it seemed to work. I don't recall doing that on my old shield. I don't want to speak too soon. I will test more once I am home.
I guess forcing the v1 is not helping. Still exiting out.

thanks
```
2019-11-01 17:22:16.509 T:12910   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
2019-11-01 17:22:16.509 T:12910   ERROR: ffmpeg[2689A114F0]: [matroska,webm] Read error
2019-11-01 17:22:16.510 T:12910   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
2019-11-01 17:22:21.443 T:12922   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
```

Stop using smb shares entirely. There is no hope all the issues at hand will be fixed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-11-02, 08:16)fritsch Wrote: ```
2019-11-01 17:22:16.509 T:12910   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
2019-11-01 17:22:16.509 T:12910   ERROR: ffmpeg[2689A114F0]: [matroska,webm] Read error
2019-11-01 17:22:16.510 T:12910   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
2019-11-01 17:22:21.443 T:12922   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
```

Stop using smb shares entirely. There is no hope all the issues at hand will be fixed.
I'm experiencing the same issues with my new Shield TV 2019 (not pro). Running vidoes from a Synology SMB share.
Videos exit after a few minutes sometimes seconds. I can resume and watch to the end without an issue. 
So...no hope?
(2019-11-02, 04:48)sullysnet Wrote: I guess forcing the v1 is not helping.
(2019-11-02, 09:25)std_ren Wrote: So...no hope?

Synology NAS'es can also support NFS.

- (if possible) Do a full Video Library Export of your video collection via SMB.
- Enable NFS on the Synology NAS
- Enter the NFS paths to the NAS manually in the sources.xml file, as NFS browsing is broken for some setups. (I know..)
- Set the new NFS source(s) in Kodi
- Scrape your video collection.
(2019-11-02, 10:23)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-02, 04:48)sullysnet Wrote: I guess forcing the v1 is not helping.
(2019-11-02, 09:25)std_ren Wrote: So...no hope?

Synology NAS'es can also support NFS.

- (if possible) Do a full Video Library Export of your video collection via SMB.
- Enable NFS on the Synology NAS
- Enter the NFS paths to the NAS manually in the sources.xml file, as NFS browsing is broken for some setups. (I know..)
- Set the new NFS source(s) in Kodi
- Scrape your video collection. 

Is this just a Shield TV pro/non pro 2019 issue or general Shield TV / Android TV problem that both SMB and NFS implementations are work in progress and/or buggy?
As far as I can tell, it's an Android <-> SMB fight.

As far as NFS is concerned, browsing is the 'only' problem. File streaming itself is fine.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi exiting video randomly on new Nvdia Shield Pro 20190