Help with playing old movies
Video 
Hello! I have been trying to play my set of Little House on the Prairie dvds, but the quality is terrible. It's hard to describe, the video is rather pixelated and kind of stutters at a low frame rate as it plays. I've tried different software and played around with the settings, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing, haha. Help would be much appreciated!
"Little House on the Prairie" is from 1974-82, so video quality was not the same as we have today.
So, it's possible that the DVD quality "is what it is". You cannot turn a turd into a golden statue.

As far as stutters go, we will need more complete info on the hardware you are using to play the (dvd) videos.
(2019-11-01, 06:49)Klojum Wrote: "Little House on the Prairie" is from 1974-82, so video quality was not the same as we have today.
So, it's possible that the DVD quality "is what it is". You cannot turn a turd into a golden statue.

As far as stutters go, we will need more complete info on the hardware you are using to play the (dvd) videos.
Hi! I'm not looking for perfect quality- I realise this is unrealistic. But completely pixelated (so that you can't see their faces properly) can't be right can it? It works fine on my parents television. Can you please elaborate on "hardware" I am not completely tech-savvy Smile Thanks for your help.
(2019-11-01, 06:53)User 441987 Wrote: Can you please elaborate on "hardware" I am not completely tech-savvy Smile Thanks for your help.

You are on the Kodi forum, so I'm assuming you are running the Kodi software on some kind of computer, either via a PC or a small Android box, or possible directly on the TV. We will need at least a brand and/or product name. The more details, the better.
Use MakeMKV to rip the episodes to individual mkv files, this will ensure you keep the original video quality. Some software which does ripping will re-encode the video during which quality can be lost.
"OP" opted to close his/her account after one day. Weird.
if it is in an old format you could try a video converter 
then you could compare it to one of the ones on youtube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with playing old movies0