Solved TVDB not showing TV Shows content
I just installed Kodi on my new Shield TV.  I'm using a USB SSD for my Plex libraries however Plex Media Server is being less than stellar so I thought I'd try Kodi.  I carefully followed a good YouTube how-to for adding media files into Kodi from an external drive.  The Movie portion was fine, I set content and all the expected clip art etc is there at the main menu.

When I went through this procedure for TV Shows I selected TVDB, instead of the MovieDB, however when I returned to the home screen none of my TV shows are there let alone any extra content info....just the default icons for Categories and Studio.  Now if I select TV Shows it exposes all the titles and as I click on each one individually the left side of the screen gives the Title and narrative description and the right side of the screen has clip art for the show.

What have I missed to have the TV Show content not visible on the home screen?  The episodes are in their own folder and each one has the name format (Title s01e01.xxx etc)

All the TV Shows do show up with their metadata within the Plex Media Server.

Thanks in advance....
@RB211

A little bit hard to understand what has gone wrong. Can you provide the following thanks...

1. Screenshots showing the problem- Home screen, then once you enter TV Shows
2. Link to the guide you followed. (we always hate youtube guides as they can lead you astray)
3. A Debug Log which captures an Update Library. So I can see how your files and folders are structured and what is and is not in the library.

Also, just in case, enable setting 3.6 on your system... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...y_TV_shows

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-03, 01:17)Karellen Wrote: @RB211

A little bit hard to understand what has gone wrong. Can you provide the following thanks...

1. Screenshots showing the problem- Home screen, then once you enter TV Shows
2. Link to the guide you followed. (we always hate youtube guides as they can lead you astray)
3. A Debug Log which captures an Update Library. So I can see how your files and folders are structured and what is and is not in the library.

Also, just in case, enable setting 3.6 on your system... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...y_TV_shows

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
Thanks for the quick reply.

1.  Image

2.  @Karellen-Link removed

3.  Setting in 3.6 has been enabled

4.  Working on the debug.....more to follow

Thanks!
Yep, that is a bad youtube video. Not really sure what you picked out of it that was any use as most of it just seemed to be random button clicks to show off his build. I have deleted the link from your post as that sort of stuff is banned from this forum.

The links in My Signature below should be of more use to you.

I'll wait for the Debug Log before further comments. At this stage I am a bit stumped, but hopefully the log will show something. I am assuming you have not been editing xml files, nodes or playlists.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-03, 02:47)Karellen Wrote: Yep, that is a bad youtube video. Not really sure what you picked out of it that was any use as most of it just seemed to be random button clicks to show off his build. I have deleted the link from your post as that sort of stuff is banned from this forum.

The links in My Signature below should be of more use to you.

I'll wait for the Debug Log before further comments. At this stage I am a bit stumped, but hopefully the log will show something. I am assuming you have not been editing xml files, nodes or playlists.
No, no editing.  Never done a log before so I'm pouring over the docs now to try and get it.  I did log the update library (at least I think I did) and when looking at the event log it says for each show/episode.....Video Libray Scanner, Failed to scan tvshow

I'll check out the links on your signature.

Thanks
(2019-11-03, 02:54)RB211 Wrote: and when looking at the event log
That is a different Log.

The log is only 4 steps, but accessing the log on your android box is what might trip you up. You can either install the add-on as explained on the wiki page or use this method if you are networked or have a usb memory stick attached... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access
My Signature
Interesting, I went back into Kodi to work on the logging etc and low and behold the clip art/thumbnails for the TV Shows are now there.  So it took a little over 3 hours to populate that library....

Regardless, thanks very much for your help in troubleshooting this issue.  Thank God this is a conventional forum format, since migrating from Roku 3 to the new Nvidia Shield I've been on their 'new' forum and it is abysmal to say, I've never seen a more difficult forum to navigate.

Now back to Kodi to try and become more familiar with it...
Ok, great it is solved. Sounds like a little gremlin. Maybe you restarted and that fixed it?

Anyway, make use of the wiki and links in My Signature below rather than YouTube guides which are primarily advertising Builds and Add-ons that we do not support here.

I'll mark this solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB not showing TV Shows content0