ServerWMC Freezing - 1.0.0.63 build 1257
(2020-01-28, 04:18)krustyreturns Wrote: Serverwmc doesn't record anything, so I can't see why it would have any performance hit even if all twelve tuners were being recorded.  The computer it is running on however is busy doing a lot of recording, so maybe that is what you are seeing?  How does the 'unresponsive'-ness of serverwmc manifest itself?
Serverwmc will be pretty unresponsive during this time. When trying to open the app, it will be black for a few minutes before it refreshes. 

I am running this on a 12 core / 24 thread Xeon, so I dont think its a load issue on the machine. 

I started getting the same ServerWMC freezing again. Is there anyway to get more of a detailed debug log to see whats going on? I dont know which path has illegal characters. 

xml:
2020/01/30 11:07:13.989 Uncaught Thread Exception: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.MatchPattern(String relativePath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Maybe you can also add an exception catch for this error so that ServerWMC does not crash in the mean time?
Sorry, when I looked into it, the complaint people had was exactly what you are asking for: trap for the exception so the program doesn't crash, and secondly to see just what the illegal characters are that the FSW is complaining about.  I could not find an answer to either of the two.   If you find one let me know and I'll implement it.  I still recommend you use something else to monitor the folders and forget FSW.

Serverwmc is the program that (should) always be running (except on your system, where it seems to crash frequently).  Are you saying when serverwmc starts up it is "black for a few minutes"?   Instead do you mean the pvr.wmc addon is taking a long time to start inside of kodi?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2020-01-30, 23:24)krustyreturns Wrote: Sorry, when I looked into it, the complaint people had was exactly what you are asking for: trap for the exception so the program doesn't crash, and secondly to see just what the illegal characters are that the FSW is complaining about.  I could not find an answer to either of the two.   If you find one let me know and I'll implement it.  I still recommend you use something else to monitor the folders and forget FSW.

Serverwmc is the program that (should) always be running (except on your system, where it seems to crash frequently).  Are you saying when serverwmc starts up it is "black for a few minutes"?   Instead do you mean the pvr.wmc addon is taking a long time to start inside of kodi?

I will find the code to catch the exception and turn off FSW. Which settings in the config.xml do you want me to turn off? 

The system ServerWMC runs on is the PC with my Ceton Cards - its the only machine it can work on. 

No, ServerWMC will open black when more than 6 programs are recording and I try to view the GUI from clicking on the tray icon. Also at this same time, I cannot stream recorded shows because ServerWMC is non-responding. Essentially it streams the content very choppy (unwatchable) way.
(2020-01-30, 23:32)JoshDi Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 23:24)krustyreturns Wrote: Sorry, when I looked into it, the complaint people had was exactly what you are asking for: trap for the exception so the program doesn't crash, and secondly to see just what the illegal characters are that the FSW is complaining about.  I could not find an answer to either of the two.   If you find one let me know and I'll implement it.  I still recommend you use something else to monitor the folders and forget FSW.

I will find the code to catch the exception and turn off FSW. Which settings in the config.xml do you want me to turn off? 

The system ServerWMC runs on is the PC with my Ceton Cards - its the only machine it can work on. 

No, ServerWMC will open black when more than 6 programs are recording and I try to view the GUI from clicking on the tray icon. Also at this same time, I cannot stream recorded shows because ServerWMC is non-responding. Essentially it streams the content very choppy (unwatchable) way. 

I have isolated the issue to when Windows Media Center has RecordedTV libraries that are not on the same machine. The freezing issue disappears when I have RecordedTV folders, network (UNC) or locally defined, on the same machine as ServerWMC.exe is running. I will be looking through the ServerWMC code to see if I can isolate the problem and resolve this issue. Thank you for all your help thus far @krustyreturns
No problem.  Good hunting.
(2020-01-31, 19:11)krustyreturns Wrote: No problem.  Good hunting.

Krusty, I see this thread hasn't been updated for a while and I was hoping to dig into the code myself as well. I am running the 1260 build that you provided for this issue: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2914007
I find that ServerWMC regularly hangs (every few days) and needs to be restarted. Also as a side note, I've noticed that it is revealing the last character of my SMB password when printing "path to Recorded TV Folder" in the log.

On your ServerWMC website, you asked us to send you a private message to help develop the code. However, it appears I don't have permission to do that (I have not posted enough on this forum yet...). Can you give me access anyway? Thank you
I thought I would be able to PM you, but I can't do that either.  I need the email to use for bitbucket to give you access.  You can send it to krustyreturns at google mail.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC Freezing - 1.0.0.63 build 12570