Solved Don't find a movie file when using mysql on linux client and windows server
well, how can I explain...

I use a colection database under mysql on a windows 10 machine. al clients use this database fine, but I replace windows in one machi by linux (unbuntu and mint). After installed kodi and copy advancedsetins.xml i have my colection on linux client, all seen perfect beu qhen i try to play a movie or episode kodi says the file no long exist.
but...

if i search the file with kodi i can open it;
if i use a local data base i can open it too;
kodi in client machine (with linux) modify database if I search new movies or series. I renew colection on client.

the only thing i can't do is to play a movie or episode using mysql databese in a linux client.

Thanks for any help.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Where are your videos stored? On which type of computer and operating system?

Paths stored in a database need to be understood by all connecting Kodi clients.
If you scan for movies in Windows, then those file paths will not work in Linux.
You could try to apply path substitution, but the basis is still your file "server".
(2019-11-11, 10:01)Klojum Wrote: Paths stored in a database need to be understood by all connecting Kodi clients.
If you scan for movies in Windows, then those file paths will not work in Linux.
Ohh... I never thought of that limitation. 

Is there some protocol common to both platforms (HTTP or FTP, for example) where paths could work across both? Some streaming service where all devices could connect, OS-agnostic?
(2019-11-11, 13:47)Preacher Wrote: Is there some protocol common to both platforms (HTTP or FTP, for example) where paths could work across both?

Again... Where are your videos stored? On which type of computer and operating system? Which file protocols does this computer server support?
(2019-11-11, 15:12)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 13:47)Preacher Wrote: Is there some protocol common to both platforms (HTTP or FTP, for example) where paths could work across both?

Again... Where are your videos stored? On which type of computer and operating system? Which file protocols does this computer server support? 

Well...

The videos are stored in a computer with a intel core (4790), with windows 10. 
The protocols:
Server - moryarty     MySQL [3306], NetBIOS (TCP) [139], PING [0], CIFS/SMB [445] 0
Client - SHERLOCK   CIFS (NetWare) [139], NetBIOS (TCP) [139], PING [0], VNC [5900], CIFS/SMB [445] 4

Using librelec with same advancedsettings.xml everything is OK. The same in a a mobile with android. At the same computer with win10 it was perfect, now with linux mint 19 kodi don't find the video files, unless if I delete the advancedsettings.xml, but, find all other information about the movies and series colection. It's strange for me...
It could still be a SMB version problem, or something in the authentication that Mint does differently.
@[email protected] Get a debug log (wiki) off your Mint installation.  Preferably turn on debug logging in Kodi and then quit and restart it.  Navigate to a movie and try and play it.  Quit Kodi.  Upload the debug log (wiki) and link it here.

Without the log it's all just guesswork.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2019-11-12, 08:49)black_eagle Wrote: @[email protected] Get a debug log (wiki) off your Mint installation.  Preferably turn on debug logging in Kodi and then quit and restart it.  Navigate to a movie and try and play it.  Quit Kodi.  Upload the debug log (wiki) and link it here.

Without the log it's all just guesswo
Kodi log
https://paste.kodi.tv/xejavuyeqi.kodi

SMB log
https://paste.kodi.tv/ocinaqogen.kodi

db log
https://paste.kodi.tv/upokiyuveh.kodi

I guess this is it

Thanks everyone.
It's a permissions issue.  Specifically
sql:
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Your linux box is trying to connect to your windows machine using its current credentials (watsonConfusedecretpassword) and windows is saying Nope, that username & password combination is wrong.
(2019-11-12, 16:28)black_eagle Wrote: It's a permissions issue.  Specifically
sql:
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Your linux box is trying to connect to your windows machine using its current credentials (watsonConfusedecretpassword) and windows is saying Nope, that username & password combination is wrong.

Understand ... part of it
I tried to search a solution, but nothing...
tried to create user "watson" on windows... nope
tried another distro... the same

Now, i play videos on kodi with a local colection database ... windows like a good server don't reject.

If you have another advice i'll thank you, if not... Thamk you anyway for your patience and kindness
Hmmm, sadly I don't know much at all about using Windows to serve to a Linux client.  Perhaps @PatK might have a better idea.
(2019-11-11, 15:12)Klojum Wrote:

Bit late to this reply, but... the point was if: the file protocol was something platform-agnostic, it shouldn't matter what OS the target is running as content is served up using common paths - for example, my videos being accessible from http://nasbox/media... does the connecting browser know (nor care) if it's Apache on Windows, or nGinx on Linux?

The question is: does kodi support http:// paths?  I'm guessing there's no consistent format (RSS? XML?) of the results to easily parse.  Hence.. is there another format that is cross-platform and suited to this kind of task?
Have a look at the "Add network location.." when adding a source, and browse thru the available internal protocols at the top.
I'm not sure where to find this list of protocols in the Kodi Wiki at the moment.
Ok... I found a solution. Sorry if it's not a big thing...

The structure is:

Server -> Windows 10 (where's located the media files)
Client -> Linux Kunbuntu

In server the local of video and music fila ar the network adress, but, don't use the netbios name, like this: smb:\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\movies. The IP have to be static. The user and password have to be informed.
In client: Habe to do the same, so in the passwords.xml will apear the adress with the static IPand and with User/password information.

After that all goes well.

So it was a credentials issue. Thankx black_eagle.

Thank you all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't find a movie file when using mysql on linux client and windows server0