Issues with downloading visualization on Pi3 w/ELEC (specifically Milkdrop2)
Hi helpful forum folks, 

I'm new to Kodi and a relative amateur when it comes to system management. I'm running Kodi on a Pi3 with ELEC and wanted to add Milkdrop2 visualizations as I used to love those on WinAmp. 

I went to the Add Ons section of the Kodi App and didn't see visualization as an option. Is this in error with my install or a known issue on ELEC?

i found visualizations under the "Look and Feel Section" in My add-ons, but it only contained Spectrum and Waveform.

I also don't see get more under visualization setting for Music Player

I also tried downloading manually installing visualization zip file (https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.milkdrop2) but got upload Failed to Install Add On from Zip File error (I did turn on the ability to upload untrusted sources). Is there a relatively straightforward step by step way I can add Milkdrop 1 & 2 and other add ons which aren't appearing in downloads?

Thanks!
Many visualizations are OS or platform specific, milkdrop is windows only, others require OpenGL.
RPI uses opengles, so there are fewer viz available
In addition the version of OpenGLES the platform matters, for example there is an equivalent of Milkdrop for OpenGL/OpenGLES platforms called ProjectM however this requires OpenGLES 3, unfortunately the RPi only supports OpenGLES 2 so ProjectM is not available.
(2019-11-07, 17:20)jjd-uk Wrote: In addition the version of OpenGLES the platform matters, for example there is an equivalent of Milkdrop for OpenGL/OpenGLES platforms called ProjectM however this requires OpenGLES 3, unfortunately the RPi only supports OpenGLES 2 so ProjectM is not available.

Thanks for those answers, they are very helpful. I'm thinking of doing my final build using an Odroid N2 following the Quadrophonic Quad tutorial. Is that hardware capable of running ProjectM? Any other limitations or issues I should be aware of? 

To test out the ProjectM visualizations I installed a version of Kodi on my MacBook running Mojave. However, there seems to be an issue as the only visualization I’m getting is the PresetM with headphones. Any ideas what might be wrong? 

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with downloading visualization on Pi3 w/ELEC (specifically Milkdrop2)0