• 11(current)
Beta Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations
(2020-04-20, 20:03)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to ask a couple questions, if I may.  I think I saw a few posts back that the nfo gets completely written instead of the modified value.  I not sure exactly what that means.  A problem I encountered is with a nfo that is for a double episode i.e. "Blindspot - S04E21E22 - Masters of War 1-5 - 8 + The Gang Gets Gone (HDTV-720p h264 - EAC3 5.1)".  When I mark the episode watched, the nfo is rewritten and the plot for the first episode is duplicated.  Hard to explain (I can post the nfo here).  Is there anyway that the nfo is left intact except for the watched state?  Also, this editor changes both <playcount>0</playcount> and <watched>true</watched> correct?  Really appreciate your work on this!  Great add-on.

hope you don't mind.  Just wanted to bump this.  @newbii posted this and wondering if you had a look at it.
"Great addon! I have a quick stupid question:
once I had a tv show and a couple of movies with local nfos that Kodi wouldn't import. I did so only after I added this first line to the nfos:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>"

Thanks.  Really like this add-on!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Thumbs Up 
Just need to say thank you so much!

Karellen send me the link to this thread and when i saw whats kind of addon this is... Awesome!

Waited too long for a script like that. No more messing around with the media managers on the computer. Thats so great!

Just testing around with all the functions at this moment. When i see some issues i will post them here.

Thanks again!
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Question 
Hello again,
i just played around with these nice functions within my kodi today.

It seems editing genres, studios, directors, countrys etc. just works fine.
But i've got a problem with editing the movie set info. That means i can delete this information and when i go back into the editor i can see "n/a". So it seems all is fine. But when i look into my movie sets i can see that this movie is still there. So i checked the .nfo file and there i can see that nothing changed. I can see on the timestamp that the file got edited but nothing changed with the movie set information. I've tested a lot with different sets and movies. And always the same.

Any idea?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2020-07-26, 03:26)MrSmith2019 Wrote: But i've got a problem with editing the movie set info
You could try using the built in Movie Set Editor... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets#Kodi_Movie_Set_Editor
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-26, 03:34)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-26, 03:26)MrSmith2019 Wrote: But i've got a problem with editing the movie set info
You could try using the built in Movie Set Editor... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets#Kodi_Movie_Set_Editor

Thank you for this tipp! Never used that before.
I tried it out but its the same problem like with the script. Its not working for me. The Movies are still in the same (old) movie set.

So i dont know if this is the same issue like with the script on my end.

I could edit the nfo files manually and reload the movies. That should fix it. But then the reloaded movies are listed under "last added movies" and thats not cool. Then i need to edit the "added" tag etc. Thats way to complicated.

I would like to use this script to edit or remove the movie sets. So please help to find a solution for this issue. Thank you!
(2020-08-11, 19:15)MrSmith2019 Wrote: I tried it out but its the same problem like with the script. Its not working for me. The Movies are still in the same (old) movie set.
I don't understand why it is not working for you. There is nothing tricky about it. Select "No Set" in the list and the box disappears and your movie is removed from the set. It is too basic a setting for it not to work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-12, 07:36)Karellen Wrote: I don't understand why it is not working for you. There is nothing tricky about it. Select "No Set" in the list and the box disappears and your movie is removed from the set. It is too basic a setting for it not to work.

Yes, i think the same. But both methods are not working. Sad

All other features of the metadata editor are working fine. I use them every day and iam very happy with these functions!
(2020-08-13, 03:32)MrSmith2019 Wrote: But both methods are not working.
Then there is something inherently wrong with your setup.

Provide a Debug Log which captures an Update Library and then you carrying out that process to remove a movie from a set using the built in Movie Set Manager. I'll try to spot the problem.

I'll also split your posts out of this thread when you do, as we are now off-topic.
My Signature
(2020-06-19, 17:17)bobrap Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 20:03)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to ask a couple questions, if I may.  I think I saw a few posts back that the nfo gets completely written instead of the modified value.  I not sure exactly what that means.  A problem I encountered is with a nfo that is for a double episode i.e. "Blindspot - S04E21E22 - Masters of War 1-5 - 8 + The Gang Gets Gone (HDTV-720p h264 - EAC3 5.1)".  When I mark the episode watched, the nfo is rewritten and the plot for the first episode is duplicated.  Hard to explain (I can post the nfo here).  Is there anyway that the nfo is left intact except for the watched state?  Also, this editor changes both <playcount>0</playcount> and <watched>true</watched> correct?  Really appreciate your work on this!  Great add-on.

hope you don't mind.  Just wanted to bump this.  @newbii posted this and wondering if you had a look at it.
"Great addon! I have a quick stupid question:
once I had a tv show and a couple of movies with local nfos that Kodi wouldn't import. I did so only after I added this first line to the nfos:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>"

Thanks.  Really like this add-on!

Wanted to ask a couple questions, if I may.  I think I saw a few posts back that the nfo gets completely written instead of the modified value.  I not sure exactly what that means.  A problem I encountered is with a nfo that is for a double episode i.e. "Blindspot - S04E21E22 - Masters of War 1-5 - 8 + The Gang Gets Gone (HDTV-720p h264 - EAC3 5.1)".  When I mark the episode watched, the nfo is rewritten and the plot for the first episode is duplicated.  Hard to explain (I can post the nfo here).  Is there anyway that the nfo is left intact except for the watched state?  Also, this editor changes both <playcount>0</playcount> and <watched>true</watched> correct?  Really appreciate your work on this!  Great add-on.

Thought I'd ask again.  Hate to be a bother.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hello,

Tried to load your Repository in Matrix and got an error. Any chance getting a copy of this for Matrix?

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/st26tbulgwa7rhk/kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks!
Mark

Update: Nevermind...Saw that it was in the Kodi Repository.
@sualfred 
I quite often update my genre and MPAA ratings after newly added items have been scraped and had been using the old Library editor script in Kodi 18 to do this, but that doesn't seem to work with Matrix.
I'm not looking to automatically update my NFO data, so I'm presuming if all the update options are disabled in the settings, I can still use the addon to manually update metadata tags using the context menu and opening the editor?

Edit: Been using your metadata editor for a couple of weeks now for what I was looking for. Works likes a charm. Particularly like add/remove genre function, ie no need to type anything  Smile
Hi, when i use your script through matrix to change the "studio" flag of anime shows, they no longer get updated through the library scan (newly added episodes are not scanned in). If i refresh the show through kodi it scans all episodes in correctly but removes my changes to the studio flag.

do you have any suggestions @sualfred ?

Thanks
Hey, I think I found a bug of some sort when I use this editor in combination with the new TMDB TV Show scraper (the python one). (working in kodi 18).

So I load in a new show through the scraper. When I then use the metadata editor to add or change anything (tested with adding a rating and changing some text in plot), kodi won't scrape new episodes anymore.
I believe it has to do with the way the scraper writes episodeguide.
If I let kodi export to nfo (before using metadata editor).. I for instance get this in the nfo :
  <episodeguide>2190</episodeguide>

After I use metadataeditor and update the nfo, it gets changed to :
    <episodeguide>
        <url cache="tmdb-2190-en.json">http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/2190?api_key=6a5be4999abf74eba1f9a8311294c267&amp;amp;language=en</url>
    </episodeguide>

And then the scraper won't pick up new episodes. To fix this, I can edit the nfo manually back to the first episodeguide, and then in kodi renew the show with the nfo file. Or I can tell kodi to renew all episodes, that works as well.
Neither is a good solution of course.
So can your tool check which scraper is being used ? or not overwrite the episodeguide line ?
EDIT:
@sualfred .. from what I've gathered in the scraper thread, your awesome tool hasn't been made ready yet to accomodate the new python scrapers. Will you be able to fix it ?
(2021-04-11, 18:41)aneurysm- Wrote: Hey, I think I found a bug of some sort when I use this editor in combination with the new TMDB TV Show scraper (the python one). (working in kodi 18).

So I load in a new show through the scraper. When I then use the metadata editor to add or change anything (tested with adding a rating and changing some text in plot), kodi won't scrape new episodes anymore.
I believe it has to do with the way the scraper writes episodeguide.
If I let kodi export to nfo (before using metadata editor).. I for instance get this in the nfo :
  <episodeguide>2190</episodeguide>

After I use metadataeditor and update the nfo, it gets changed to :
    <episodeguide>
        <url cache="tmdb-2190-en.json">http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/2190?api_key=6a5be4999abf74eba1f9a8311294c267&amp;amp;language=en</url>
    </episodeguide>

And then the scraper won't pick up new episodes. To fix this, I can edit the nfo manually back to the first episodeguide, and then in kodi renew the show with the nfo file. Or I can tell kodi to renew all episodes, that works as well.
Neither is a good solution of course.
So can your tool check which scraper is being used ? or not overwrite the episodeguide line ?
EDIT:
@sualfred .. from what I've gathered in the scraper thread, your awesome tool hasn't been made ready yet to accomodate the new python scrapers. Will you be able to fix it ?
i fixed my issue by deleting the exported .nfo files and turning off that option in metadata editor. then when you re-scrape the tv show it will continue to add new episodes after the initial scrape.
(2021-04-12, 05:20)ghost_itm Wrote: i fixed my issue by deleting the exported .nfo files and turning off that option in metadata editor.
I have asked sualfred to disable this option by default. I think it should still be disabled by default rather than users being caught by surprise at nfo files mysteriously appearing in their file system and blaming Kodi for the problems it causes.
My Signature
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations0