• 12(current)
Beta Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations
Wondering if this is still being maintained/updated?  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
I did a ratings update and it rewrote a new NFO, I can no longer see other items scraped with Media Companion. Is this normal? I am using Matrix
(2021-06-22, 14:07)mstrauss2017 Wrote: Can you think of any reason why I would get "Error"? or something I could check?
Post a Debug Log that captures the problem, and someone might see what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you
Dear all,

I just found this Metadata Editor as I needed to revise lots of movies genres, due to Universal scraper problem and the Genre language differences. Now my question is, is there a possibility to have the Genre being changed in a bulk? Like now you need to select the movie and change for each movie, for Example Science Fiction to SCI/FI. But if I could select the Genre Science Fiction and then there copuld set to the new genre SCI/Fi and the editor will change all those movies inside the Science Fiction and then only the assigned genre to the new. That would be great.

Thanks,
Hans
Any chance to make this work on Kodi Nexus? 

Getting an error trying to install, something about python 2.1, works fine on Kodi Matrix.
(2022-02-19, 20:07)Al13 Wrote: Any chance to make this work on Kodi Nexus? 

Getting an error trying to install, something about python 2.1, works fine on Kodi Matrix.

I updated it, so it should work for matrix/nexus ..
https://github.com/marduklev/kodi_repo/r...-3.0.0.zip

Nothing special.

Changelog:

changed addon xml dependencie
xml:

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0" />
<import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.22.0+matrix.1" />

py replace deprecated stuff :
- changed Constant from :   NOTICE = xbmc.LOGNOTICE   to   INFO = xbmc.LOGINFO   ( 'n variable in def log: loglevel = INFO )
- xbmc.translatePath is now xbmcvfs.translatePath

No idea where i should create a pr on git hub. As i dont know about the current/latest developement Branch source.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
I was looking for a way to just update my watched state and landed here from this thread.

From looking though the plugin options, I don't see an obvious way to just update my watched status to the nfo file. I use TMM and have Kodi set to read local files only, so I do not want to update any metadata at all via this plugin.

Is there a way to configure this to only update watched state?
Add-on unofficlally updated by me to work with latest Kodi 20, will also work with Kodi 19.
Download
Any chance you could tell me if it will do what I need? ☝️
ie... to just update my watched state without any need to fetch any metadata?
(2022-08-07, 23:52)akovia Wrote: I was looking for a way to just update my watched state and landed here from this thread.

From looking though the plugin options, I don't see an obvious way to just update my watched status to the nfo file. I use TMM and have Kodi set to read local files only, so I do not want to update any metadata at all via this plugin.

Is there a way to configure this to only update watched state?
I agree! Perhaps a "lite" version or selectable options for only local .nfo file watched state updating. That would be amazing!
Hi everyone.

I use a copy of estuary skin in which I've made some modifications.
Recently I've added infos about ratings in the right panel of the VideoInfo screen, and I'd like to be able to update easily these ratings, so I also added a button to do so, using this AddOn.

This is an example:

The code for the button in DialogVideoInfo.xml is this:
Quote:<include content="InfoDialogButton">
                        <param name="id" value="444" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/infodialogs/bell.png" />
                        <param name="label" value="Update Ratings" />
                        <param name="onclick_1_condition" value="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)" />
                        <param name="onclick_1" value="RunScript(script.metadata.editor,action=updaterating,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID],type=$INFO[ListItem.DBType])" />
                        <param name="onclick_2" value="Dialog.Close(all,true)" />
                        <param name="visible" value="System.AddonIsEnabled(script.metadata.editor) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)" />
</include>

The button works ok, but after the ratings update, it always opens the AddOn display and I have to close it. I wonder if this behavior is normal and if I can do something to avoid it.
I also have the problem that I am unable to update the data in the panel without exiting the VideoInfo screen. That's why I added the line with "Dialog.Close()". If anyone knows how to make automatically this update, please help me.

Thanks and regards.
Hello!
If you can't get Metdataeditor 3.0.1 to work in the recent versions of Kodi, and you see the followin error in log file:
Quote:Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Users\dredkin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.metadata.editor\service.py", line 8, in <module>
   from resources.lib.helper import *
 File "C:\Users\dredkin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.metadata.editor\resources\lib\helper.py", line 27, in <module>
   ADDON_DATA_PATH = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/%s" % ADDON_ID))
AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'

then you can fix it by edititng the file: addons\script.metadata.editor\resources\lib\helper.py. Just add vfs characters as show below:
Code:
ADDON_DATA_PATH = os.path.join(xbmcvfs.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/%s" % ADDON_ID))
I have version 3.0.1 installed from the kodi repository:
(2022-12-15, 12:44)dredkin Wrote: then you can fix it by edititng the file: addons\script.metadata.editor\resources\lib\helper.py. Just add vfs characters as show below:
Code:
ADDON_DATA_PATH = os.path.join(xbmcvfs.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/%s" % ADDON_ID))

Thanks a lot, @dredkin , your solution worked for me. The metaeditor addon stopped working after updating to Nexux. Now, it works again like a charm. Thank you again Smile
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations0