Beta Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations
Oh no... yes, I'm seeing that's the case now that the tag is finally written. I've been using <userrating> on Kodi with Emby for a while, and it worked because I wasn't writing the tag to the .nfo. But precisely because of this, the tag was internal to Kodi, and whenever the item was refreshed, I'd lose the rating. It would also cause the rating not be shared across devices. So I thought, if I could write it to the .nfo, then it would be sorted out.

I don't see a solution to my problem with the current features of either Kodi or Emby. I don't want to bug you too much, but I think it would be a very welcomed solution for mine and other cases, if you added an action that writes a <tag> directly.
xml:
RunScript(script.metadata.editor,action=set,tag,mainrating3)
This could help people who want to set static custom statuses (watched, watch later, favorite, like, dislike, etc) through a button or keymap. The present "select tag" editor is very close to this, but of course it's not direct writing (useful for skinners), and it includes all tags (for example, Emby imports movies with a "movie" tag, which would be included among the selection for a star rating).

For my problem, a direct writing call would not just solve it, but add support for multi-user rating, as I could skin a "Rate" button that diverges into "Rate for me" and "Rate for guest", each with star buttons with <onclick> RunScript functions. The only problem with this would be that if you rate an item 3 stars, and then later rate it 2 stars, the item would feature both "mainrating2" and "maintrating3" tags, causing the skin layout to display both. This could then be solved with an opposite call of
xml:
RunScript(script.metadata.editor,action=remove,tag,mainrating3)
, that way every star could include <onclick> actions to remove the other tags, and then write the desired one.

I think these two would add a lot of flexibility to Kodi and solve features I've seen asked around in the forum. I really hope you can consider adding them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations - by firewater - 2020-02-17, 23:23
Metadata editor error - by BartZorn - 2023-02-23, 10:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations0