Newly added shows won't be scanned | Permission issue on Syno NAS?
Dear all,

I have a Pi3 running with LE successfully for ages.
But since last weekend - when I upgraded my Syno NAS 213 from DSM 5.x to 6.x - TV shows, which have been newly added after the upgrade, are not shown in the "TVShows" section.

I checked if anything has changed regarding the "Video Source" path but it's the same.
But when I browse to one of the newly added folder names (for a new show) I couldn't access the corresponding subfolder [folder structure: TV show name => Season xy => then the episode files].
Hence I can see the "new" added TV Show name but can't browse in the Season folder ....which is possible with the shows which were already available before the DSM upgrade.

On my NAS NZBGet as well as SickRage (respectively the Sickchill repository) is installed. This works since new episodes are "moved" in the corresponding Show folders.
Due to the fact that I can't browse to the new Season folders I had a closer look at the permissions shown in the "File Station" of my NAS.

The existing folders are mentioned as "root" owners and the two newly added folders are mentioned as "282300" which seems to be the Group ID for the "sc-sickbeard-custom" user name. Then I gave one of the two newly added folders the "admin" ownership (mark the folder in File Station => left mouse button => Properties => change owner to "admin").

Impact is that I can browse to the Season folder of this "changed-ownership-TV Show" but Kodi still doesn't scrap the content of that season folder. 

Now I'm really lost...not sure what else I can do (I updated Libreelec yesterday to version 9.0.2. but that didn't solve my issue) especially since I'm not a Linux expert.

Hence it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.
Many thanks in advance.
This thread might give some inspiration - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307421

A debug log, captured whilst performing a Library Scan, should confirm if Kodi is skipping directories that it believes to be unchanged.  If that's the case, and you've got access to the command line on your NAS, you could use the 'touch' command on the offending directories.  That'll update the timestamp and Kodi would then consider them to be changed (and worthy of scanning again).

If my guess is wrong, and it's something else altogether, a debug log should help get a more definitive diagnosis.
(2019-11-07, 16:49)Fergus Wrote: This thread might give some inspiration - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307421

A debug log, captured whilst performing a Library Scan, should confirm if Kodi is skipping directories that it believes to be unchanged.  If that's the case, and you've got access to the command line on your NAS, you could use the 'touch' command on the offending directories.  That'll update the timestamp and Kodi would then consider them to be changed (and worthy of scanning again).

If my guess is wrong, and it's something else altogether, a debug log should help get a more definitive diagnosis.
Thanks for the swift response, Fergus, much appreciated.

Need to check first (aka "googling") how to get the LE log file.
Will get back to you.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-11-07, 17:03)DarrenHill Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Got it, Darren.

3 Errors are shown which mention the same issue: 
Failed to open (//TVSerien/"Name of the TV Show"/) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIRPLUS of /TVSerien/"Name of the TV Show" failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"

Interesting is, that for the one show for which I changed the owner permission to "admin", it is mentioned as "not in the database" (see line 1471) although there are already files in the corresponding season folder.

Back to you guys.
@Flynnrider - Just a shame you didn't actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by here when you signed up...

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-11-07, 18:59)DarrenHill Wrote: @Flynnrider - Just a shame you didn't actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by here when you signed up...

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My bad.. I'm really sorry. 
Any change that I can edit my post?
@Flynnrider - clean up your system, upload a new log afterwards and post the link to that here.

If you need assistance in removing the banned addon (wiki) crap also post here, but anything listed in orange in the addons part of the log is banned.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-11-07, 20:21)DarrenHill Wrote: @Flynnrider - clean up your system, upload a new log afterwards and post the link to that here.

If you need assistance in removing the banned addon (wiki) crap also post here, but anything listed in orange in the addons part of the log is banned.
Ok..need some assistance how to delete those addons (I don`t use them anyways): Just going on "my add-ons" and then "disable" each of them won't be enough, right?
Can they somewhere else be deleted?
(2019-11-07, 20:32)Flynnrider Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 20:21)DarrenHill Wrote: @Flynnrider - clean up your system, upload a new log afterwards and post the link to that here.

Ok..need some assistance how to delete those addons (I don`t use them anyways): Just going on "my add-ons" and then "disable" each of them won't be enough, right?
Can they somewhere else be deleted? 
ahh.."information" and then "uninstall"...guess that´s it.
That's the way yes. You might find that there are some orphaned scripts that get left behind (another reason for our views on such crap), but we can advise on how to remove those too if it happens.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-11-07, 20:37)DarrenHill Wrote: That's the way yes. You might find that there are some orphaned scripts that get left behind (another reason for our views on such crap), but we can advise on how to remove those too if it happens.

Are the oprhaned scripts the ones in "yellow"?
I hope i deleted all relevant add-ons. The only ones left in my add-ons section are the Kodi Logfile uploader, LibreELEC Configuration and LibreELEC MOdule Drivers. In case they need to be removed too, pls let me know.
No, they'll still be in orange.

Many of the banned addons (wiki) generate or download scripts after they're installed, so when you uninstall they get left behind (and still run).

The ones you list above are fine. Basically the only no-no's are addons listed in orange in the log.

Kodi Blog Posts
Hmm ...need definitely your support regarding the removal of that "crap".
Although I deleted all 4 add-ons it seems "something" is still remaining.
All the orange items need to be removed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newly added shows won't be scanned | Permission issue on Syno NAS?0