Access media stored on WHS, using Vista + XBMC
Hi all, I hope one of you allready solved this problem;

I have all my media stored on a Windows Home Server. I can access this media perfectly fine from both my Vista Laptops (running either Windows Media Player or Vista Media Center) and from a Freecom mediaplayer which is connected to my TV set.

However, I can't seem to connect to the Windows Home Server from XBMC, which I recently installed on one of the Vista Laptops. This is a real bummer, because I was hoping to install a Vista HTPC in my livingroom, running XBMC.

In XBMC I tried the following;
- Settings > Network > SMB client > entered username + password here (which also are set on the WHS)
- Settings > Network > UpNP client > enabled
- Video > ... > add network location > tried to enter the path and even the IP adress of the server. Tried both SMB and UpNP. XBMC can't seem to find the WHS.

Am I forgetting something? I really don't see how this doesn't work. The connection between my Laptop and the WHS works perfectly well via Windows....

I'm using XBMC-Rev13859 by the way

Any ideas??
dunno, newest version working fine for me. CAn you read the shared folder files in Windows without putting in a usename/password ? it could be that. I map mine to drive letters on windows startup, and add locations in xbmc via the network (i.e. \\homeserver\videos)
Hi,

No it wasn't that I think. However, I did solve the problem somehow. Just kept trying and suddenly the WHS accepted the connection. I used the IP adress of that system. Server name doesn't work somehow. I'm now able to add whatever shares I like, so it finally works for me. I'm happy Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access media stored on WHS, using Vista + XBMC0