Audio Passthru not working on Nvidia shield TV Pro 2019
Hi,

I was using Kodi 18.4 on a Xiaomi MiBox 3 with no problems with the audio passthru from Kodi to my Samsung HW-Q90 soundbar on both Dolby Atmos and DTS X files.

I just updated my setup to the brandnew Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 and i can't get the Dolby Atmos and DTS playing anymore. I do get surround sound but no longer my beloved 7.1 Atmos or DTS.

I tried the same files with VLC (with audio passtrhu enabled) and they worked just fine, so it seems that it's not related to the connection between the the Shield and the soundbar.

On the Mibox, when i enabled passthru, i had the option to select the kind of audio streams that i wanted enabled (dolby, dts, etc...)
On the Shield when i enable passtrhu there is nothing to check.

I checked the audio streams when playing using the audio setup on kodi and they appear as 'unkwown - 8 channel' so it's as if the files, which did not change from the previous setup (since they're stored on an SMB NAS) are not recognized by Kodi on the shield

Any ideas ?

Kind regards,

Elie
The post appears as SOLVED but it's not solved at all for the moment.

It was my first post ever here so please forgive me if i missed something when posting it

Regards,

Elie
I've removed the solved prefix for you. I presume you set it accidentally when you put the title of your original post in.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Post a Debug Log from the minix and one from Shield, please.

I have an idea, but without logs one cannot help you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Same problem on Shield TV 2019. Spend a hour trying all different settings with no results. My receiver shows only PCM. Plex is working fine with audio passthru.
Problem solved !

It's entirely my fault but somehow during the setup i must have messed with a setting and i changed the level from 'expert' to 'basic' and then of course when enabling the pass-trough i only got the basic options.

So, as soon as i got back to the 'expert level and disabled/enabled the pass-trough i got all my familiar settings and i was able to turn on 'DD capable receiver','DTS capable receiver','True HD capable receiver', and 'DTS capable receiver'

And of course everything working again ! 

In fact i can now really appreciate the difference when using Kodi on the 2019 Shield TV Pro. It was good on the Mibox 3 (with some restrictions in the display resolution) but the Shield it really gives an amazing video and audio experience !!!

Sorry for this 'newbie mistake'

Elie
Quote:So, as soon as i got back to the 'expert level and disabled/enabled the pass-trough i got all my familiar settings and i was able to turn on 'DD capable receiver','DTS capable receiver','True HD capable receiver', and 'DTS capable receiver'
Didn't work for me. I pasted a logfile, but not sure of i did it the write way? Thanks in advance for any help.
@charliego when you uploaded the log file, it will have given you a url. We need you to paste that url here so we can access the log file.

Otherwise we cannot find the log, as we get a lot of traffic on the paste site.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Let's just close this one as solved. The "me too" should open another report and provide proper logfiles.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry about that. najamegani.kodi (paste)
Quote:2019-11-09 07:28:04.461 T:6703  NOTICE: Enumerated AUDIOTRACK devices:
2019-11-09 07:28:04.461 T:6703  NOTICE:     Device 1
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_deviceName      : AudioTrack
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_displayName     : android
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_displayNameExtra: audiotrack
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_channels        : FL, FR, FC, LFE, SL, SR, BL, BR, BC, BLOC, BROC
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_FLOAT,AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_RAW
2019-11-09 07:28:04.462 T:6703  NOTICE:         m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD

All fine, all there. You just don't have kodi configured properly to actually use passthrough.
Went trough same issue;

1. First make sure to enable "Expert" mode settings.

2. Under Audio Settings, choose "Best Match" to make audio passtrough working.

3. Then if you scroll down in Audio Settings, you'll see differents audio passtrough options.

# I left the audio settings in shield pro to default as it should handle it properly, normally.

TV: Sony X950g
Soundbar: Sony HTX-8500 (trough eARC)
Kodi run on: NVidia Shield Pro 2019
(2019-12-10, 05:20)Rockafella83 Wrote: Went trough same issue;

1. First make sure to enable "Expert" mode settings.

2. Under Audio Settings, choose "Best Match" to make audio passtrough working.

3. Then if you scroll down in Audio Settings, you'll see differents audio passtrough options.

# I left the audio settings in shield pro to default as it should handle it properly, normally.

TV: Sony X950g
Soundbar: Sony HTX-8500 (trough eARC)
Kodi run on: NVidia Shield Pro 2019

Thank you so much for your reply !

I will try tonight as soon as i get back from work !!!

😊😊😊

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthru not working on Nvidia shield TV Pro 20190