Videos will not play in XBMC for Xbox T3CH build from July 15th
i did vote!Rofl
2008-07-15_rev14095-T3CH-FIXED NO, still same also after I votedSmileSmile
Hey together,

a few days ago i updated xbmc on the new Release from 15/07/2008.
Now i can´t playing any DVD´s with XBMC.
When i push the play button (yellow button on the right side with the play icon on xbmc main screen) xbmc do nothing.
Is this bug only in my release or have you all this problem?
Thanks a lot

Tobi
It's been fixed already.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Since I've had XBMC, when I wanted to play a DVD on the xbox, I had to insert the disk, turn the xbox off and then on again for it to start into the DVD menu. Earlier today, I updated to the latest T3CH build (14095) and now it won't play DVD's at all.
When I put the DVD in, a little golden "play" icon appears in the lower right corner next to the "scripts" button and the "shut down" button. When I click on it, nothing happens. If I restart the xbox with the DVD in, either with the software shutdown command or touching the power button twice, the xbox returns to XBMC.

Any ideas what I did wrong?
Search. This is the third thread now. It's broken in said build. It has since been fixed in SVN.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

same problem.i make a fresh install of the 2008-07-15_rev14095-T3CH-FIXED build,amd the dvdplayer is still not working. Sad
...and people wonder why we sometimes get tired repeating ourselves

Rolleyes
Yup, it's frustrating, but I think people don't get it because the build says "FIXED" on it. Huh
i actually updated to the FIXED T3CH build and it all works fine for me all movies playback fine
Hi,

I'm a huge Newbie and have just installed the latest XBMC on my softmod system (XBMC-SVN_2008-07-15_rev14095-T3CH-FIXED). The problem I have is with standard DVD playback. Instead of playing a DVD I can view all the DVD files such as Video_TS or alternately when I press the white button and choose play disc, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

I've tried different DVDs, changing region settings all with no luck.

Cheers

Marty
produce a link to a debug log.
DVD Playback will be working again the next t3ch build.

The "FIXED" t3ch build as i understand it, was for other video issues. This did not include ISO & DVD Playback. The DVD Player fix was only put on the SVN 7 days ago.

If you bothered to read the support thread (linked on t3ch's page) you would realise this already.

Of course if i am wrong, feel free to shoot me down.

jmarshall or other XBMC Dev: I'm pretty new to all this as you can probably tell from some of my posts, but i think an opportunity has been missed to knock some of this spam/useless questions on the head.

In the About section there is a fancy video. But how about a simple explanation of things in that section too? in plain english for all the novices of what the steps are to making XBMC how it is. What an SVN is, how bugs get reported and fixed etc,etc.

New users can then be directed to read that instead of trolling the forums asking the same questions over and over while getting yourself and others frustrated.

Alot of things regarding XBMC are littered with overly technical information that just goes over the head of the average Joe.

I know guides are a pain in the a**, but if a request goes out to the userbase, someone will respond i am sure.

Just a suggestion, dont take it personal in any way.
i don't use the t3ch versions. (i compile my own, much more frequently than t3ch builds.) but yes, there were two different fixes required for the xbox build. one was to fix playback via mplayer (which is used for everything EXCEPT dvd's), and then there was a second fix for the dvdplayer. i really don't know what's meant by "fixed".

would you be interesting in doing what you just proposed? we're always looking for users who are willing to update the wiki information. most of the information in there is written by the devs which is why its above the head of the typical user. but, if we didn't, there would be no information at all.
That is what the FAQ is for http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Frequent..._Questions

We should probably link to the FAQ directly on the xbmc.org home page though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos will not play in XBMC for Xbox T3CH build from July 15th0