Android Search media flags
People, I certainly hope I am posting this question in the right place.

Using Kodi on an Nvidia Shield.

I have an extensive library and I want to be able to search for all movies with "Say" a certain media flag. 
E.G. all movies with AAC audio or 5.1 or 264 or 265 video coding.

Is there a way to do this or an addon?

Thanks in advance

Chris
No, Global Search add-on does not offer that level of searching.

The only method I can think of is using Smart Playlists (wiki) to list titles by codecs.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-09, 23:57)Karellen Wrote: No, Global Search add-on does not offer that level of searching.

The only method I can think of is using Smart Playlists (wiki) to list titles by codecs.
Thank you for the answer.

Never heard of smart Playlists, will look into, but I imagine I would create a smart list containing all movies with (say) 5.1 sound.
Yes.

In the default skin Estuary, navigate to Vides>Playlist and select New smart playlist...

Create a New rule and select one of the Codecs and add the codec. Then fill in the rest of the info for the playlist

Note this only works with items in the library and depends on video files having been ripped/created correctly so the codec data is accurate.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-10, 00:28)Karellen Wrote: Yes.

In the default skin Estuary, navigate to Vides>Playlist and select New smart playlist...

Create a New rule and select one of the Codecs and add the codec. Then fill in the rest of the info for the playlist

Note this only works with items in the library and depends on video files having been ripped/created correctly so the codec data is accurate.
Is there a list of the correct video and audio codec values?  E.g. ac3, h265
(2019-11-10, 09:33)ozmale Wrote: Is there a list of the correct video and audio codec values?  E.g. ac3, h265
No. There is no default internal list in Kodi. All these codecs are read directly from the video files, so whatever the video file states, that is what Kodi records as the codec.

But I was curious and had a peek at my own library and I have the following. It is not a complete list, just what I have.
VideoCodec
vc1
mpeg2video
hevc
h264

VideoAspect
Too many but the main ones are

AudioCodec
truehd
mp2
eac3
dtshd_ma
ac3

The other items like channels, language etc should be pretty easy to figure out.
My Signature
Check the list of info labels for ListItem.VideoCodecListItem.AudioCodec, etc.

https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem
(2019-11-10, 09:53)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 09:33)ozmale Wrote: Is there a list of the correct video and audio codec values?  E.g. ac3, h265
No. There is no default internal list in Kodi. All these codecs are read directly from the video files, so whatever the video file states, that is what Kodi records as the codec.

But I was curious and had a peek at my own library and I have the following. It is not a complete list, just what I have.
VideoCodec
vc1
mpeg2video
hevc
h264

VideoAspect
Too many but the main ones are

AudioCodec
truehd
mp2
eac3
dtshd_ma
ac3

The other items like channels, language etc should be pretty easy to figure out. 
Thanks heaps for that.  I have noticed the values need to be exact, case sensitive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search media flags0